Hello!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlcouk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just joined the forum, looking forward to 'meeting' you all and finding out more about everything S1000RR-ish!!

Hi Stuart!

Good to hear from you. I live just outside Stoke on Trent (Staffordshire). I've got a Motorad coloured S though. What about you? is that your HP4 in the pic?

Incidentally, how do you upload pics to your profile on here?

Looks like thats Scotland woken up. Welcome to the site Carl, it may take a wee while to upload photos until the bosses here accept that you are not a robot. If you see a wee tiny Scots lassie drunk stumbling about Staffordshire tonight she's mine, just dropped the daughter off at the train stain to visit her Laddie whose in the Army there.

Good to have you here, there are meets arranged at some point so we can all meet in the flesh, look out for Stuarts double entandres, he'll be chucking away at the moment.

JimmyMac

Hahaha! Cheers Jimmy!

Righto! Look forward to hopefully meeting you all. Have my eye on some Motorad track days this year, so hopefully catch up at one of those too.

Hi welcome to the forum :).

Although I live up norf, I have a business on Stafford Tech Park, small world. I use my GSA to travel up and down much of time, I tend to ride through the Dales taking the long way round if the weather is decent :).

Oh cool!

I've got a 2015 GSA as well, absolutely brilliant bit of kit... Thought I should keep that quiet on here though in case I get tarred and feathered with the usual 'old-mans-bike-syndrome'! lol

Have you done any long distance touring on the GS at all?

Lovely Carbon HP by the way!

A few GS riders on here Carl, you'll no get the abuse flung about on the GS forum on here, much better class of biker on this site.

I take my GSA on big runs, usually like riding across deserts alone cause I've no pals, haha. I'm leaving in July for 3 months heading east, finishing in Bangkok via Arctic Circle and China amongst other places.

JimmyMac

Oh cool!

I've got a 2015 GSA as well, absolutely brilliant bit of kit... Thought I should keep that quiet on here though in case I get tarred and feathered with the usual 'old-mans-bike-syndrome'! lol

Have you done any long distance touring on the GS at all?

Lovely Carbon HP by the way!

Lol. I think that makes 4 of us who have s thous and GSAs as far as I know. It's a good mix, tools for every job. JimmyMac is the GSA adventurer, he's planning something epic this year I believe. I am riding to Portugal in July and Aragon in September. I'm also doing one of the off road BMW courses in April down in Wales, should be fun.

Thanks for your comment on the HP4, every time I think of selling it and getting the new generation bike I go and look at it in the garage and change my mind ;).

That's good to hear Jimmy!

Wow - that's some journey sounds amazing! I'm on my second GSA now, had the oil-burner before this current LC and only upgraded because I got such a good trade in. Although I have to say this new one with all the Leccy suzzies etc is just in a different league and such a pleasure to ride. I've travelled all over Europe, usually 5-6 countries a hit for the past 4 years on the GS's and loved every minute of it, as did my missus. Unfortunately will have to miss this year as we've just had a baby girl, so its 4 wheels for the road trip this year me thinks :)

Happy days!

Nice to be in kindred company!

No never sell your steed. I have managed to built up a small but eclectic collection over the years, after I got rid of what was then my second bike, a mint Ducati 999R. It took the dealer over a year to shift it (I wasn't in any rush!); but as soon as I knew it was sold, and that the buyer paid me exactly what I was asking for, which was the original purchase price from 4 years prior, I knew I'd made a mistake.

Since then, the collection expands as and when I can. I currently have my S'though in my dinning room. Managed to palm off the marble dinning table and leather chairs to my mother in-law, so seemed a fair trade really! LOL!!

More so than cars, I think bikes demand and garner more of our emotion, and the attachment is very real. :)

Hi Carl, welcome to the site, I've got a '15 GSA and gen3 RR, but both brilliant and fun bikes in their own right

Don't you be listening to that Jimmy Mac about me....IT'S ALL LIES I TELL YE ! lol...

Anyways liked your 999 story.... car drivers will never understand..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back