Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungle

Reaction score
Picked up my 2012 plate S1000RR 2 weeks ago and love it! Traded in my Kawasaki Z1000sx on a 15 plate for it. No regrets.

Welcome - how was the Z-SX for touring out of interest? I want a tourer in the future as my missus isn't happy to get on a SuperSports bike.

Alex, if you want a tourer get a GS Adventure, they're just brilliant, quick enough, handle superbly and very comfortable for two together with a weeks worth of luggage :sneakiness:

Alex, if you want a tourer get a GS Adventure, they're just brilliant, quick enough, handle superbly and very comfortable for two together with a weeks worth of luggage :sneakiness:

No, Never, Ever. :barf:

:p

Last edited:
the z1000sx was a great bike, comfy, great handling, pretty quick. Id put a few necessary extras on it which id recommend doing if you were going to get one (bigger screen, gear indicator, urban brawlers), took it round Mallory park about a month ago and kept up with most others. it was a very sensible and practical bike. but it aint a s1000rr... i was actually going to get a zzr performance sport, but its just so big and heavy..

I never thought I'd own a GS after a zillion years of sports bikes, but I speak as I find :peaceful:

Last edited:
the z1000sx was a great bike, comfy, great handling, pretty quick. Id put a few necessary extras on it which id recommend doing if you were going to get one (bigger screen, gear indicator, urban brawlers), took it round Mallory park about a month ago and kept up with most others. it was a very sensible and practical bike. but it aint a s1000rr... i was actually going to get a zzr performance sport, but its just so big and heavy..

When you pick yr feet up it comes into its own lol. Helps if you have the suspension set right as well...

I had an XR loan bike last week, not bad, her indoors reckoned it would be comfortable enough, but I didn't rate the wind protection much and, like for like wouldn't swap the RR for it. although wouldn't mind the heated grips and cruise control. dynamically wasn't as good as the RR, bit like the difference between a scalpel and a bread knife! suspension set on road was ok but wallowed at speed, in dynamic, it was more bouncy than the RR in comfort mode. Brakes weren't as sensitive either. didn't notice all the extra mid range they talk about, but you do miss the top end. so I think will be sticking with the RR (maybe try the 2015). I've got an old FJ1200 if and the Mrs fancies a trip out, it might be nearly 30 years old, but it's still quicker than mates GS!

Damn you all, you fun loving GSA riders, I shall not give in!!!
today.

HaHa!

Alternatively stick a grab rail on your RR as I've done for Mrs Mac.. :semi-twins:

Latest posts

Back