Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbie

Reaction score
Just joined ,I want to get an S1000rr but hear a lot of negative comments about them, eg.vibration,wheels ,poor customer service so hopefully this forum can give the real info.I ride a street triple r at the moment.

Coming onto a forum and asking them how their bikes are will probably get biased opinions. Butttt....

Vibration through the bars at 4k to 5k
Frame gets very warm (doesn't really matter with leathers or in England haha)
Coming from a speed triple it will be hard on the wrists
Exhaust is quiet standard, simple decat or full system will sort that
Engine sounds like a bag of nails (probably my opinion) compared to other bikes, but like above, decat or full sysytem will drowned that out.
Switch gears are shocking (in really warm weather, breaks. Gets wet, breaks)
Rusty sump (never had this myself but people have)

Spot on DJ

My Bike
March 2010 bought new, now on 13K
No Vibration
My Frame does not get hot as I dont ride in towns/city/commute.
seating/body position same as any other sportsbike (no wrist ache)
Exhaust has got a little louder with age
Engine is fine.
My Switch gear failed this year but BMW replaced it F.O.C which was good.
The bike has performed very well without any other issues.
BMW Service depends on where you choose to go, I have used 3 delaers and sticking with the current one Coopers Tunbridge Kent

Robbie, you will hear more negatives than Positives, it seems to be human nature in our era, moan moan moan moan moan. I bet there are hundreds of owners that do not comment if their bike is a ok.
Would I buy my bike again if I went back in time and know what I know now? YES.....
Good luck, oh and welcome btw

I dont realy feel much virbration no more than any other sports bike, my frame does gert hot only when I spank it up the road; but with earing leathers its not an issue; i find my dealer very helpful and any issue i have had as been fixed very quickly indeed.

Thanks for all the guidance,I've now spoken to a few owners as well and plan to be riding an S1000rr next year I am waiting to see what BMW launch at the bike show ,cheers.

Back