hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mart

Reaction score
hello all...my names Mart i'm 44, been riding bikes since i was 9.. just picked up a 10 plate Thunder grey 1 with quite a few bits already added so it just needs a de-cat and the PC5 swapping for a bazzaz.."already got the zafm and prefer them over PC's"..

so thanks for having me, now i'm off to read up on any problems i best be looking for..cheers Mart...

somehow i don't think i'll b able to live with the matt finish on the tank... already in the pipeline to spray it the same colour..

I'm from Mansfield mate....

somehow i don't think i'll b able to live with the matt finish on the tank... already in the pipeline to spray it the same colour..

I'm from Mansfield mate....
I thought that when I got mine new back in march 2010, I bought a cancelled order bike as there was a 4 month wait.

i like to have that much lacquer on my tank even Bett Lynch would of been proud lol...

ditch the PCV and BAZZAZ get it to geoff at hill top get it remapped you get the best from the bike. you are not far from me as I'm in Chesterfield

Welcome to the gang Mart. I too ride a Thunder Grey and I too had my 4 main trim bits flattened and sprayed the black pearl colour. It looks Brillant now and how it should've been for a quality machine/brand IMO ...rather than that cheap recycled egg carton stuff that they all come with anyway :wink-new:

cheers all..... so how much does an ECU reflash cost then at Hilltop.. out of interest ..??

The ref lash is £360 but the bike is a lot smother and over 200rwhp and the TC is set up better and cuts in smoother if you search on the site you will see others who have had it done.

cheers for that mate... had a search thru last night and found it...

lash.!!......you say... would'nt care to elaborate on that a little more would u...??

Sorry my error at 3 am its reflash its this bloody mac correcting things, hilltop are based in earl stilton in leicestershire near to mallory park, basically geoff plugs into the ECU and maps the bike on a dyne so the fuelling is perfect he can also adjust other settings such as TC this makes it smother when activated and the anti wheelie is also better.

Sorry my error at 3 am its reflash its this bloody mac correcting things, hilltop are based in earl stilton in leicestershire near to mallory park, basically geoff plugs into the ECU and maps the bike on a dyne so the fuelling is perfect he can also adjust other settings such as TC this makes it smother when activated and the anti wheelie is also better.
http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthrea...t-Hilltop-Motorcycles-today&highlight=hilltop

If you put hilltop into the search on the page it will bring ip more results

thx again for that... looks like thats the way to go then after the decat....

Back