Hello from the uk.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al46

Reaction score
Hi to all, I've had my new RR for just over a month now, and am absolutely in love.
I upgraded from an R9T, which I thought was a great bike for me and I would never change. However curiosity got the better of me and decided to just have a little test ride on the RR, from Wollaston. The guy shit me up a bit with all the warnings and was a bit apprehensive.
The rest is history.
Just looking for some advice on the best upgrades you lot done probably exhaust first, like the look of the Austin one?
Looking forward to using the forum and Ive upgraded to premium to get the best out of it, still finding my way around any advice appreciated.
Do you do any rides or meets in the uk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Al, welcome aboard.

Your story is a common one by the sounds - dip a toe in the RR water and then get bitten by a 200hp monster. Meh, theres worse things to spend your money on :)

Plenty of advice around these parts depending on what direction you want to take with the bike - looks/performance/race ? Personally i did the following :

1) Comfort Seat
2) Pillion pegs & seat
3) R&G bungs
4) Paddock stand bobbins
5) HP levers
6) S1000rr.co.uk forum stickers

I've left the end can as stock - sounds nice enough for me and I cant see it whilst im riding it (plus it sits with the other side facing the garage door so I dont see it even when I'm just admiring the bike). I would like to change it though - primarily for a bit of weight saving.

We had a mini-meet yesterday as it happens - shame you missed it - maybe next time eh?

Hey Al, welcome aboard.

Your story is a common one by the sounds - dip a toe in the RR water and then get bitten by a 200hp monster. Meh, theres worse things to spend your money on :)

Plenty of advice around these parts depending on what direction you want to take with the bike - looks/performance/race ? Personally i did the following :

1) Comfort Seat
2) Pillion pegs & seat
3) R&G bungs
4) Paddock stand bobbins
5) HP levers
6) S1000rr.co.uk forum stickers

I've left the end can as stock - sounds nice enough for me and I cant see it whilst im riding it (plus it sits with the other side facing the garage door so I dont see it even when I'm just admiring the bike). I would like to change it though - primarily for a bit of weight saving.

We had a mini-meet yesterday as it happens - shame you missed it - maybe next time eh?

Thanks for that Freudianslip, not sure what direction I'm going yet, no rush view all options, I think the stickers will be a good start though.
Yes a shame about the meet up, where was it?

Welcome to the forum Al and congratulations on your new RR!

R9T's are great looking bikes, but am very glad to hear you're loving your RR :).

Re mods, I think the following apply regardless of your intended use:
1. Crash protection (GB Racing Covers, spindle sliders, lower chain guard and possibly frame sliders).
2. Traction pads (Stomp Grip are recommended)
3. Rearsets (I have the HP rearsets, but don't recommend them as it is apparently very difficult or impossible to purchase individual replacement/wearable parts).
4. Suspension set up (MCT are highly recommended on here).
5. Exhaust (if road and Euro track day only, a full system and a PCV is a good way to go, if for road and UK track days then a naughty slip on is a good option so long as you keep your OEM can for track days).
6. Alpha Racing SAS removal plates (this one is personal, but for me if you have a loud exhaust, then the popping and banging gets irritating after a while).
7. Last but not least, forum stickers as they add power and reduce weight simultaneously ... they also increase riding skill too!

Enjoy the forum and may you have many miles of smiles ahead of you :)

Oli

Hi to all, I've had my new RR for just over a month now, and am absolutely in love.
I upgraded from an R9T, which I thought was a great bike for me and I would never change. However curiosity got the better of me and decided to just have a little test ride on the RR, from Wollaston. The guy shit me up a bit with all the warnings and was a bit apprehensive.
The rest is history.
Just looking for some advice on the best upgrades you lot done probably exhaust first, like the look of the Austin one?
Looking forward to using the forum and Ive upgraded to premium to get the best out of it, still finding my way around any advice appreciated.

Hey Al - its a UK based forum buddy... I too got my bike from Wollaston... I take it you are in the Northamptonshire / Leicestershire area.

I'm sure we'll have another forum spin out soon.

Welcome.

Hey Al - its a UK based forum buddy... I too got my bike from Wollaston... I take it you are in the Northamptonshire / Leicestershire area.

Welcome.

Ok that's really good, almost just expected to be yank based. Look forward to it.

Welcome.

How many members?

1436 registered on the forum...

Ten out on the midlands based ride on Sunday - check out the forum meets section.

Last edited:
Hi mate..welcome from me.. The US forum is decent too..I joined a while back and always get replies from members in various states..its interesting hearing whats going on across the pond as well as the UK lads experiences..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Al,
Welcome to the forum.

Another popular mod is radiator guards, a stone chip to the rad could end in tears!

I got mine from a bloke on eBay for less than ?40 I would definitely recommend him :)

The rest is history.

6c428f36edb7ba6729f72d1195e28216.jpg
. I've fitted this to mine, it's very well made but loud, I don't use it if touring! Rad gard is a good thing to fit. Evo tech are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6c428f36edb7ba6729f72d1195e28216.jpg
. I've fitted this to mine, it's very well made but loud, I don't use it if touring! Rad gard is a good thing to fit. Evo tech are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your input,, it's a great start, the shopping starts now. I'll check out the meet forum.

Hi,

You bought your bike from the same dealer as me, I'm in bedford if you ever fancy a ride?

Just hope you went that 9t at Bedford autodrom showing everyone who's boss in the wet haha.

Hi Al,
Welcome to the forum.

Another popular mod is radiator guards, a stone chip to the rad could end in tears!

I got mine from a bloke on eBay for less than ?40 I would definitely recommend him :)
+1 on this..dont blow 100 quid on R and G or whatever mate.. Stephen and me bought from the same guy. 35 quid for both rads..

Great fit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back