Hello from sunny Suffolk

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Von Bimble

Reaction score
Hello everyone, only me!

So I’m obsessed with getting a Gen 2 or 3.

The plan is to sell my 2014 R1200GS in August and buy an RR during the crimbo/new year period.

I’m 56 and I’ve never had a 1 litre sports bike. I’ve had quite a few others over the years:

Suzuki GS125s that I was a courier on in London when I was 16 (Arrow Express)
Then a long break, moved to Suffolk…
Honda Transalp
Honda Dominator
Honda CBR 600
Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 Factory
Ducati 749s
Honda Pan European 1100 (bought as a non runner, fixed carbs, rode it once & sold it)
BMW R1200GS TE

So I’m browsing through the UK forums looking for info and general chit chat about these bikes.
What to look out for, what are the common problems, diy fixes / maintenance. I like the tinkering mechanically nearly as much as the riding.

I did a couple of track days at Snetterton on my Ducati, and after I stopped shaking the first time, what a rush!

Well that’s a bit of me. Looking forward to reading through this forum. Watch this space!

Billy..

Welcome Billy, I have a 2018 Gen 3 from new and I have no need or intention to have to part with it. They're all great value at present if you're buying. Enjoy your purchase when you get around to it.

As far as tinkering is involved, you might be disappointed with the S1000RR. I've added modifications, and apart from normal servicing with oil and filter changes, mine has been very reliable. Other than cleaning the brake dust from the caliper in pistons, I just ride it and we've had 18k very fast miles together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back