Hello from me

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garagedweller

Reaction score
Hi all,
Had my S1000RR a week now and it's been great. Already done 1000 miles taking it to the Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Wales. Shame about the running in limiter though.

Looking to make some changes to the bike so will be keen to see what everyone has done here.

Welcome along, that's one way to run it in! What did you ride before?

Hi MacRR, I had a 2010 GSXR 750 for a number of years. Bulletproof bike, it was hard to move on to something else. The S1000RR really responded well. Loving the cruise control, quick shifter and auto blipper. Got some great footage over the mountain course but kept hitting the run in limiter. Had first service today so good to go now.

Yeah, once you've had an autoblipper there's no going back, no its run in you'll find both it and the QS work much smoother at higher revs and brilliant on track. I use the cruise control a lot too, just makes the bike so much easier to get on with.

Hi gd, welcome to the forum. :). That sounds like a good trip to do, would you recommend a route? How was the weather?

Weather was pretty changeable last week. The IOM was fantastic. If you haven't been then I would recommend going, possibly when the TT is not on so you can roam around the island freely. Below was my route roughly.
13613694_10157191753095074_2728440042141055801_o.jpg

The Isle of man is incredible
I've only ever been during tt week. Been thinking of going there outside race fortnight but hasn't happened yet. Best of luck with the new rr.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site GD, great way of running the bike in. I'm at iom next week, going in the car so it'll be interesting to see what it's like over the mountain on 4 wheels. Macs right about the QS once the limiters removed, nice and smooth in the high revs.

Latest posts

Back