Hello from Kent

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplejimmy

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick hello from Kent, not to far from Dover. I took delivery of my 2015 at the end of March after originally wanting an S1000R and riding one at the end of 2014 I went to the NEC and quite liked the new RR so held out. I booked a ride on launch day from my local dealer Coopers in Tonbridge Wells, I was the 9am slot so maybe one of the first members of the public to ride one on the rode. Froze my nads off as I tip toed round for 45mins made my way back and thrashed out a deal :smug: I went for the sport in black with the performance pack but, couldn't stretch to the forged wheels. I don't mind much as I actually prefer the shiny normally ones now I have seen both.

Biking history so far, been riding since I could manage to:

Suzuki TS50
Honda CB250
Honda CBR600 steelie
Suzuki DRZ400SM
Triumph Street Triple R (Loved this bike, spent a fortune on it)
Ducati 996SPS (Also loved this bike, cost me a fortune lol)
Triumph Daytona 675
Yamaha R6 (5SL) Race bike
BMW S1000RR 2015

My only addition so far has been some stomp grips and really I quite like everything else so I am in no rush to change anything, I will probably stick some crash protection on for the time being. Had my first service the other day and now have really had my eyes opened :congratulatory: she aint slow

J

Hi Jimmy. I have the forged wheels and like you say, they look naf. Hoping they will pay dividends on the track though...

Thanks for the welcomes. I am already learning a lot looking through the threads :joyous:

Lydden seems to be my bogey track, every time I do a day I always seem to have bike issues afterwards. Perhaps it's because it's all day in 2 gears, might pop up for a watch though in the morning if I have chance.

Thanks for the welcomes. I am already learning a lot looking through the threads :joyous:

Lydden seems to be my bogey track, every time I do a day I always seem to have bike issues afterwards. Perhaps it's because it's all day in 2 gears, might pop up for a watch though in the morning if I have chance.
I reckon they are all bogey tracks for me, either an issue with the bike or more normally an issue with my worn out legs lol.. I do manage to sneak in 4th gear at lydden even if its only for a split second :courage:

Latest posts

Back