Hello from frosty Toronto, Canada

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skapan

Reaction score
The last few days our Celsius and Fahrenheit readings got closer and closer - I think they meet at about -35 or so. Needless to say that bike riding is out, necessitating a virtual life through forum activity. I hope to learn a few things here, also perhaps help others in the sometimes challenging motorcycle ownership process.

Hi mate, we have met online before I believe, nice to see you here. For the benefit of the guys and gals on here, a bit about your rides?

been to Toronto quite a lot with work , lovely place , don't remember to many corners there besides the off ramps , welcome aboard

Hi Soofsayer, yes your name sounds familiar! As for bikes, I have a 2011 S1000RR for track duty, an S1000R for street as well as a K1300R for when I get bored with the other two. Southern Ontario is all about looooong straights where you can wait for an hour to get to a turn. But there are a few areas that can be entertaining. Most of my hooning is on the track now, much safer and among like folk so much more fun.

Well, the S1R is about 70 pounds lighter. Pushing it around the garage is easier, and riding low speeds in town requires less effort. On the highway, the K13R is much more comfortable and stable. Acceleration and fuel economy are roughly the same on both, although the longer wheelbase on the K13R has its benefits. So I guess I bought the S1R for when I get old and can't manage the K13R. One other thing - the gearbox is much nicer on the K13R, but I only have 3k km on the S1R so it will probably improve.

Well, the S1R is about 70 pounds lighter. Pushing it around the garage is easier, and riding low speeds in town requires less effort. On the highway, the K13R is much more comfortable and stable. Acceleration and fuel economy are roughly the same on both, although the longer wheelbase on the K13R has its benefits. So I guess I bought the S1R for when I get old and can't manage the K13R. One other thing - the gearbox is much nicer on the K13R, but I only have 3k km on the S1R so it will probably improve.

Thanks for taking the time to post that info, very useful.

Latest posts

Back