Hello from Cambridgeshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpindleyMike

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a longtime....2014 is when I first try to register.
Haven't got an S1000RR, but have been considering one for a long time also, first rode one in 2010.
Two friends have S1000RRs - maybe I'll still get one yet!

Interesting to see how folks get with the new model - seems smaller than the previous one.
When dealers open I'll go down and have a look!

Mike

Good afternoon Mike.
If you dont have a BMW currently....what do you ride? Plenty of advice here for all models. I'm personally waiting for the Gen 4 as mine is waiting in showroom.
Are you mainly a road or track guy?

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself....please shout if you need any buying advice!

Hi Marc
I have a 2017 GSXR-1000 used mainly on track and a SuperDuke 1290R used only on the road (except once on the Brands GP circuit - haha never again).
The S1000RR could do both jobs I'm sure!

Welcome to the forum Mike!

That?s a great 2 bike garage you have there. What have been your favourite experiences onboard the GSXR and the SDR so far?

Hopefully dealerships open in the not too distant future so you can test ride a new Gen 4 RR.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji846]

Hi Marc
I have a 2017 GSXR-1000 used mainly on track and a SuperDuke 1290R used only on the road (except once on the Brands GP circuit - haha never again).
The S1000RR could do both jobs I'm sure!

A great combination of bikes if ever there was one :cool:

Oli - I've had the GSXR on track at Spa, Brno and Mugello - that was pretty special. I should be at Aragon this weekend :(

With the SuperDuke its the noise (full Akra system), and just trying to hang on :)

Thanks MacRR - I agree! You have the new one?

Oli - I've had the GSXR on track at Spa, Brno and Mugello - that was pretty special. I should be at Aragon this weekend :(

With the SuperDuke its the noise (full Akra system), and just trying to hang on :)

Thanks MacRR - I agree! You have the new one?

Yes I have, went from a gen3 S1000RR to a '17GSXR, then a Superduke and now just got the latest one. I'm not changing bikes again anytime soon! Very impressed with the '20 SDR, just need to get the opportunity to ride it.. This is a great forum, not on here much now as the only BMW I own is a car, but enjoy it and make the most of it :)

Latest posts

Back