Hello from a current R6 owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frampo13

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to join this forum to learn about the S1000RR as I intend on buying one next year.
I like to do a lot of the work my self so it?s important and interesting for me to see all the tech topics and the how to sections.

I?ve been riding the R6 for 2 years (my first bike) and I?ve took to the hobby/sport quite well, most rewarding hobby I?ve ever had, absolutely love it.

I?m looking forward to reading some build threads and so on from you guys!
Take care

Frampo

Hi Frampo, welcome to the site. If it's information and technical know how you're looking for you've come to the right place, not from me though.

I'm only here to add a bit of glamour to the proceedings, lol.

Great to have you on board.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Frampo!

As Jimmy says you?re certainly in the right place to learn about S1000RR?s.
Whilst it?s very sensible signing up to the forum before purchasing, I?m sure it won?t take you long to decide that an S1000RR is the next bike for you lol!

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily? S1K?s are amazing be it on road or track.

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here.
Best of luck with your next bike purchase [emoji4]

Oli

Thank you for the welcome guys.
I can certainly see you bring the glamour JimmyMac! We could all do with a bit of Neon pink in our lives.

I would happily buy an S1K now today if that were an option but I’m “stuck” with the R6 for a little while longer so at least this gives me the chance to learn and chat about the bike.

To answer your question Oli I just enjoy fast road use but the track is what I want to aim for also, as long as it doesn’t take away the enjoyment on the road. Can’t beat a summers day riding on the roads with your pals

Thank you for the welcome guys.
I can certainly see you bring the glamour JimmyMac! We could all do with a bit of Neon pink in our lives.

I would happily buy an S1K now today if that were an option but I’m “stuck” with the R6 for a little while longer so at least this gives me the chance to learn and chat about the bike.

To answer your question Oli I just enjoy fast road use but the track is what I want to aim for also, as long as it doesn’t take away the enjoyment on the road. Can’t beat a summers day riding on the roads with your pals

Welcome buddy ! Bad news, once you get some tracktime in road riding is crap, there is no comparison lol ....

Welcome buddy ! Bad news, once you get some tracktime in road riding is crap, there is no comparison lol ....

Yeah I don’t doubt you one bit there! It’s addictive riding on the road alone but you are limited by all of the variables that comes with it. So once you get on a track I’d image you can really come into your own and you get hooked, can not wait :D

Hi Frampo.. if you are interested on the inner workings of the S Thou RR join up as a premier member and dl the workshop manual in the members only section.

I print off various sections and read through them. The exploded views and corresponding instructions are crystal clear..

Enjoy the forum and chat with the lads...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

this ^^

welcome from another forum nooby, I have had my bike now 4 months and learning so much off here about the bike.

once you get on track with your mates that will be it hook, line and sinker
plus you don't have the added bonus of keeping an eye out for the ol bill if you going a lil quick:tongue-new:
cheers
Mut

Back