Hello folks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growlee

Reaction score
Well this is another chapter for me.. I?ve finally taken the leap to the S1000rr as a track bike. Bought a sorted 2010 track bike and can?t wait to get the thing on track next month in Spain. Moving from a 600rr i think I just might notice the extra grunt.... just a bit 😂 look forward to picking up some hints, tips and info here though. 👍

Welcome to the forum Growlee and congratulations on your new RR!

Which track in Spain are you going to?

As Freudy says, I?m sure you won?t regret you decision to join the Bavarian side, they really are amazing bikes!

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here, and may you have many happy miles ahead of you! [emoji4]

Look forward to hearing about next months trip in due course [emoji16]

Oli

Hi Growlee, congrats on the new bike, I'm sure you'll notice a little difference, haha.
There are lots of track riders here who will keep you sorted as far as all things track go, I am a road rider myself so I'll not be much good to you.

Enjoy the bike and the site.

JimmyMac

Congrats on the purchase. The xtra horses are very noticeable on the big straights. Its like the star field effect from Star Wars lol

- Sent from Mobile

Thanks for the welcome... I?m off to Almeria in Nov so have a couple of weeks to get the bike sorted. Spent the day stripping it down and cleaning bits and pieces getting to know it today. Perfect Sunday really.. brakes striped, cleaned and fluid changed.. waiting on new oil and filter coming. Only slight hiccup is the bikes currently set up with a race pattern shift. The Austin racing rearsets are great but looks like I need a new part to switch back to the road shift pattern I?m more familiar with..
Overall really pleased with the purchase.. couple of minor surprises after panels came off 😔 but it?s been a track bike for the last 1800 miles of its 2500mile life.. can grumble too much though.. 😁

Welcome aboard, no doubt you will be buying bits and pieces to get it the way you want it, so if you sign up as a premier member you will get decent discounts from the sponsors on here.

Good luck with your new machine.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, how do sign up as a premier member? Doing most of this on my phone and not easiest to navigate...[emoji37]

Simply visit the forum home page from a web browser and you?ll see the ?Premier Member Subscription? button.

This will take you to a PayPal page where you can upgrade your account.

Thanks for supporting the site [emoji4]

P.S. D?j? vu Stuart [emoji6]

I've just taken the plunge too! From an R6 to the Beemer. Full track spec. First ride out in Jerez next month!! Can't wait!!

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one mad enough!! I haven’t even ridden the bike yet... went to see it in the rain and it was sitting on slicks! Got everything crossed it performs as I hope it will in Almeria in Nov!!

Simply visit the forum home page from a web browser and you?ll see the ?Premier Member Subscription? button.

This will take you to a PayPal page where you can upgrade your account.

Thanks for supporting the site [emoji4]

P.S. D?j? vu Stuart [emoji6]

What goes around Oli... Deja Vu right enough

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back