Hello folks from Chichester - new to BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keruso

Reaction score
Hi people,
I have a new S1000RR arriving from Germany in a couple of weeks which i'm looking forward to. My previous bike for which I was very impressed by was a 2016 Fireblade SP (Ohlins, Blueprinted Engine) , after taking the latest 2017 Fireblade SP out for a test-ride, electronic active Ohlins plus a quickshifter up/down for the 1st time I found the electronics especially the quickshifter compelling, but at around ?20K just too expensive.

I then test rode the MT-10, it's quick but I found it quite lairy and unhinged, plus the engine had a ticking noise which drove me nuts.
I tried the new GSXR, very quick but didn't have the quality of the Fireblade, next was Aprilla RSV4 bags of power, really great but again the RSV4 is ?20K. Lastly I tried the S1000RR which was awesome, ?4K less expensive. So made my choice !

Hi Keruso, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike purchase :).

Welcome, Just saw your sale thread, So your no longer getting an s1k?

Actually I was too embarrassed to admit on eBay what really happened. After a few too many beers and watching youtube videos of the SC Project on a S1000RR, I went to their website, saw the 2015/6 model and ordered it. When it arrived and I took it to Bahnstormer this weekend they politely told me it won't fit because the 2017 has a modified exhaust compared to the 2016, because they are made to order I can't send it back. To make matters worse SC Project have just announced they make a 2017 version now. Live and learn !!!:chargrined:

Welcome to the forum Keruso, congratulations on your new RR, may you enjoy it to the full!

Hi Keruso, funny story there about the can. Never drink and surf, lol.
I'm sure you'll get it sorted out and you have a great bike to play on now.

Welcome to the site.

JimmyMac

You won't regret it [emoji12]
d5ea939c90c05222c44f9b704d531b4a.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit surprised the SC-Project won't exchange for a 2017 version. It's not like they won't sell the other one :/

Welcome along :)

Welcome keruso. Your dead on about the 17 Blade..that gearbox/blipper was the outstanding feature for me on my 1hr test ride on Sunday there..the 20k tag is heavy duty..I would imagine all the leading manufacturers class litre sportsbikes all will be in this bracket soon inc BMW.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back