Hello all!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apness

Reaction score
I'm Paul, been riding about 7 years, still on the first bike I had since passing test (Thunderace+mods) and it's time for a change.

Been looking at Gsxr 1000s, ZX10 and Blade but a quick insurance quote for an S1000rr surprised me and will look seriously at one of these as well as the others. Hopefully be on something a bit newer at Isle of Man this year instead of maxing out the 'ace and watching in envy as newer bikes passed me while flat out on the old girl :(

Will be searching the site for info, buying guides, what to watch for. First thing that popped up was alarm and that its not a thatcham job which is weird but I guess zey do sings different in ze fatherland.

Just thought I'd say hi and hopefully (shortly) be joining the ranks of s thou riders :) I'm hoping there'll be more used bikes to choose from in March/April with trade ins and whatnot.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to the site, were you from. I've had yams and gixers up until getting the beemer, the BM is by far a better alround bike than any of them and worth paying that little extra for. You wont be disapointed.

Hey Budgie, I'm from Leeds so not that far away from you.

I'd always discounted the bm as being too expensive to run/insure for a relatively new rider (I'd never ridden a bike till I was 35) but am 42 now, wrestled with the Thunderace for years (it needs a steering damper desperately but I quite like the bunking bronco ride :) ) so am expecting a leap up from what I'm used to, then spend a little while getting acclimatized before speeding up again.

Welcome Paul, I've just come off a Fireblade, great bike can't fault it, just fancied a change, test rode the s1000rr and liked it, very similar to the blade but with more electronics. At present I am waiting for delivery of HP4 sometime in the millennium !

Hiya :)

The Thunderace is definitely old school/wide and heavy so its going to be a learning curve to get used to something that weighs virtually nothing in comparison :) The 08 blade is also on my shortlist but right now the Beemer is at the top assuming I can get one for the right money. Told the wife I'm spending 5k and it'll be nearer 9 *shhhh*

My main issue is that I'm 6'4" but everything I've ridden/tried before I could contort myself onto. I suppose getting older will be harder to scrunch up onto a sportsbike so it was this year or never. The ZX10 always kinda looked really small and would disappear between my ass cheeks (!) but everything else I think I can get on with. Any taller/bigger guys on here (I suppose I'm about 18 stone but have been bigger) find the beemer ok to live with?

Hi Paul. Your best bet is to go and ride one to see how you feel on it. I'm Leeds based too, so that makes two of us and one over in York that I know of (sorry if I missed anyone).

I'm from wakefield. So another close to Leeds

Latest posts

Back