headlight fairing removal - please help!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieG

Reaction score
I removed most of my fairing tonight in preparation of fitting some new carbon parts. I'm having trouble removing the headlight fairing from the intake plastic. There are three tabs holding it on. The top and bottom are very easy to remove however middle one seems impossible to remove and I don't want to break it! Does anyone know what the trick is?!

I've attached a picture - the circled tab is the stubborn one this is looking at the tab from the inside of the fairing

IMG_4343.jpg

There is a tiny wee locking tab along the edge of it use a very thin flat screwdriver (instrument size) to separate the two, have a look at the bottom one when its loose and you will see how they are interlocking.

Do not force anything, it's only plastic.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
There is a tiny wee locking tab along the edge of it use a very thin flat screwdriver (instrument size) to separate the two, have a look at the bottom one when its loose and you will see how they are interlocking.

Do not force anything, it's only plastic.

JimmyMac

Thanks mate - the top two could be done by hand but that middle one was very very tight. I used some wd40 and a draper plastic trim removal tool (from a kit for cars) that has a thin point in the end and it popped off with no damage - but it was scary!

Latest posts

Back