Headlight bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of blue-tac on end of a wire coat hanger or similar should retrieve it for you. The ebay leds I tried were good but not bright enough for my liking,so i'm trying a set of the Philips T10 Ceralight leds,i'll get a photo up and let you know how I get on with them,impressed with them so far.

I tried them as well this week and the one in the dipped side burnt out after 5 minutes. Took them back and got a new pair..... after a few minutes it done the same. Obviously they don't like the heat from the dipped bulb

Shame as they look great.

Great advice, bought some blu-tac and used some wire to remove the broken bits inside the headlight cheers for that. For now I've put the original lights back in and I will buy the T10's Philips make as well.

I tried them as well this week and the one in the dipped side burnt out after 5 minutes. Took them back and got a new pair..... after a few minutes it done the same. Obviously they don't like the heat from the dipped bulb

Shame as they look great.

Is that the euro car parts ones or the Philips ones you're speaking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Westy, Its me with the pink HP4 :tickled_pink:

Ive just fitted HIDs to my HP4 as I have been using them on my GS Adventure for a couple of years without any faults. Awesome is all I can say, they have a very pure light and illuminate roadsigns and reflex material like number plates etc. from miles away.

I also fitted 4 new LED spotlights to my GS as I am riding it to Thailand next year and expect to be living in the countryside and off roading for a bit of it. The LEDS are so bright I don't think they can be safely used if there is any chance of oncoming traffic.

The LEDS were originally bought for my digger as night working lights but they were physically similar to my GS spots so I replaced them and added two.

JimmyMac

Hi mate the Phillips ones are quite expensive for a sidelight bulb and as they say for interior use I would doubt they could handle the heat from the dipped beam.
I tried the euro car part ones and the dipped side burnt out within 5 minutes or so.
Even got them replaced and the same happened so I doubt it was a bad bulb.
The one on the main beam is fine so far.

They look good but I think you would just be wasting money. :disillusionment:

Hi Westy, Its me with the pink HP4 :tickled_pink:

Ive just fitted HIDs to my HP4 as I have been using them on my GS Adventure for a couple of years without any faults. Awesome is all I can say, they have a very pure light and illuminate roadsigns and reflex material like number plates etc. from miles away.

I also fitted 4 new LED spotlights to my GS as I am riding it to Thailand next year and expect to be living in the countryside and off roading for a bit of it. The LEDS are so bright I don't think they can be safely used if there is any chance of oncoming traffic.

The LEDS were originally bought for my digger as night working lights but they were physically similar to my GS spots so I replaced them and added two.

JimmyMac

Hi Jimmy. Which hid kit did you go for?

Cant remember the power but think they are 6000K Andy as Ive had the GS ones for years, got them of ?75 on the UKGSer forum for a set of two, bought a pile of Adventure stuff last month from the same forum from a traveller who was giving up biking, along with the protection part that I wanted the seller chucked in some HID parts, got a fast burn ballast for the Full beam on my GS and fitted a slim ballast and 6000k for the HP4. They were all packaged up as HID50.

http://endless-highway.info/hid50/intro.htm

The photo doesn't do it justice, it is painful to look into the lights from as far as 50 metres away, I won't be putting them on until I'm in Kazakhstan and I reckon you'll still see the glare in Leeds. lol

JimmyMac

Last edited:
No, never had a fault come up on the dash but the ballasts are all Canbus compatible. The LEDs only total 72 Watts for the four, the originals were 110w for two. Less of a draw on the battery, so not expecting any issues.

JimmyMac

eff1023d8a8c1d980e5b757450d15920.jpg
before 6k hids
10115225c052cd7269bf305c6e20d34a.jpg
main beam
3f7d1a7df6591131d91b66c03b413785.jpg
high and main
Leds fitted in side lights as well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If i knew what they were i could answer you 😂😂😂

Hi snow. This is the type of kit i used.
fae4279491c35a5207ffed013a915755.jpg
900a51c52dfdf7a01e43da5777f87242.jpg

After 700 miles this weekend in all sorts of traffic and speeds I'm happy to report that the Philips T10 Ceralight LEDs that I fitted as sidelights are still working and don't appear to be affected by the heat off the h7 main beam. They're fitted alongside Osram nightbreakers which perform excellent as well.

Latest posts

Back