Has anybody tinted the headlights or rear light?....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadkins14

Reaction score
As above really, im wondering if anyones tinted the headlights or rear light?

I sprayed the silver insides on my previous GSXR and used tinting film on the rear indicatos.
I know you can buy tinted headlight covers but they just look silly how they stick out too much.

Heres a couple pictures of my previous GSXR....

try hotbodies for the headlight covers they look smart, they bolt to the actual headlights, but not cheap!! personally on road I'd rather my indicators we seen as bright as could be, one less excuse for some blind driver claiming they never seen your signal!!

try hotbodies for the headlight covers they look smart, they bolt to the actual headlights, but not cheap!! personally on road I'd rather my indicators we seen as bright as could be, one less excuse for some blind driver claiming they never seen your signal!!

Thanks for that, they're definitely the best looking cover, but £130 plus shipping and no doubt import tax!

The tinting film on the indicators lets through just as much light asif it wasn't on there.
I did have a picture with the indicator on but I can't find it atm.

Id definitely be using it again on the S1k if the rear light wasn't such an awkward shape.
I might have a go for the headlights though. I just need a decent HID kit first.

Have you had any problems with the number plate size from police ?

I never had any issues with the plate in 2 years of having it fitted.
Ive just ordered an 8 x 2.5" for the S1K which will be fitted when my paperwork comes back for my private plate.

You've been lucky then, cos your single line on that plate will cost you £100 a pop nowadays, and they must be thinly spread or just very lenient around your way as down and around Lancashire/North and West Yorkshire,they have become very hot on this - almost zero tolerance it appears, be safe ,GB.

We'll I bought some dark tint vinyl and had a go at tinting my headlights.
The vinyl was under £5 and it took less than an hour from taking the front off, tinting them and re-fitting it all.
Heres a couple rubbish iphone pictures, it got dark by the time I'd finished so I'll get some better pictures soon.....

Heres 2 before and after pictures with the lights off and on, the left side is before the tint.....

The light shines through almost as much as without the vinyl, but a little more yellow. So I need to look into getting better bulbs or a HID kit.

Back