Harley Davidson in USA

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCullenRR

Reaction score
Gents, I am off to the US of A in a week or so's time to get married and then honeymoon! Whilst Im visiting Florida during our trip we where looking into the possibility of hiring a Harley Davidson for the day ($159.00 which I thought wasn't too bad). Has anyone else done something like this before in USA??

Ive never rode anything but a sports bike really, I take it I should be ok on a big cruiser? Is there anything I need to consider?

They also have a 1200GS which you can hire ($179.00), would this be a better option for 2 of us? I just like the whole nostalgia thing that America has with Harley Davidson hence why thats what I fancied hiring for the day.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers :cool:

Many congratulations to you and your wife to be!
Hope your wedding goes off well and you both have an amazing honeymoon :)

No personal experience, but a pal did it and had a great time on a Harley through Yosemite.

Probably wouldn't over think it, the route/ride/company will be more important.

Congrats in advance!
Take earplugs and wraparound sunglasses if you're wearing a pisspot helmet.
I took full insurance which was just as much as the hire from Eagle Rider but that's the cover I wanted.
They give military discount if you were ever in so worth knowing as it helps with the cost.
If it's just for the day then take the bike you really want, we went for Breakouts when we left from Orlando on the first 10 day road trip and they were awesome.
On my second trip we went from Vegas and I regretted not having a screen as the wind was unreal as you travelled out of the city.
You will scrape the peg as you pull away at the first junction...
Have fun!

We where going to go with Eagle Rider! If I go for the Harley the Harley Davidson rentals from there shop in kissime is doing us a deal, after giving it the whole "Just married and on our honeymoon patter" !!

We are only going to hire for the day, we have been to Florida loads but fancy exploring some of the parts that we haven't really seen before!! Never been in the military but I do like the fact that everywhere in the States they give discount to anyone who has or is serving. Real respect to there armed forces guys, where as here its like no one gives a shit!

At least you know the area, we had satnav which I'd never do without. I wasn't in the military either but my friend was in the TA 15 years previously and got talking to one of the guys in the shop who gave him discount. From then on he managed to get a deal on anything Harley related!

Whilst I am sure you have no plans to speed just keep a watch out for all the different services that can stop you - local police, state police, state troopers, they will all have different liveries on their cars. I lived in Florida for 3 months in 2009, and the local police couldn't be nicer, not that I had any 'professional' conversations with them. Other services have... reputations for different attitudes....

I would be careful about riding in the evening in Florida though.... I was a pasenger in a car one evening that was stopped as part of a random check on drunk driving. The conversation went something like: Cop; 'have you been drinking?' Driver; 'Only 4/5 beers officer, nothing hard'. Cop: 'great! you get home safely now, good night' ....... I didn't know the guy had been drinking, he just obliged a friend to come pick us up. I was horrified when I heard this chat but no one esle, all locals, gave it a second thought - nothing hard = no liquor = no problemo.....

I was in Daytona this year for Bike Week and had a demo on a Harley and an Indian. I had never ridden either before, Harley was terrible to ride , Indian was much nicer and smoother. I will never ride a Harley again , horrible agricultural gear box.

I used the same outlet mate albeit 17 years ago..they were bang on Greg. I had an Electra Glide it was like cutting about in a room and kitchen...pile of shite. My mate had a Soft tail springer which was livelier and a bit more chuckable. It was a 24 hour hire. We went to Daytona beach and drove passed Daytona Circuit which must have the biggest car park in the world lol..

Slap piles of sunscreen on mate as we got burned to ****... congrats in advance and enjoy your hog (if you can lol)

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I used the same outlet mate albeit 17 years ago..they were bang on Greg. I had an Electra Glide it was like cutting about in a room and kitchen...pile of shite. My mate had a Soft tail springer which was livelier and a bit more chuckable. It was a 24 hour hire. We went to Daytona beach and drove passed Daytona Circuit which must have the biggest car park in the world lol..

Slap piles of sunscreen on mate as we got burned to ****... congrats in advance and enjoy your hog (if you can lol)

S

am in Florida just now not a great place to be with this hurriance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate you couldnt have picked a worse time fgds man. Thsts a nightmare. If your travelling about id head inland.

thanks lads stuck here no where to go
53c25bcc0a8cd5a3a2996f38dd006803.jpg
10e1f73478b5e1559288fc248bf129b6.jpg

That's really bad, hope you and the family can avoid anything else.
When are you supposed to be leaving?

i'm here just now till friday airports closed till further notice all shops closed orlandos like a ghost town it's away to hit us today or tonight

Ive been in visiting my Niece today at her house in Bowling... they leave a week today for Orlando.. ive just sent her the link to our posts... needless to say shes worried what its going to be like when they get off the plane..doesn't sound or look too healthy mate... you'll be scunnered after waiting all year for a break in the sun mate...nightmare

On the house subject I took some shots of her gaff... what do you think (mods kick this if it isnt appropriate). Almost finished her garden area.. its had a complete renovation... some place.
66ba823d1c53507f8c5e0350e1897b42.jpg
3d87be4ce8cfce09f48a712bc636734d.jpg
5651ac5da39f71637677b9dfabc7a0b9.jpg
8517a30d9a9245ffdc5157db79eb6101.jpg
638f42898984f5604fb8d39ccb18ebc2.jpg
c5f5c9670bc4ed0a2cdac50659375d85.jpg
3d4ff0f0fd2a3d57369b0db2cc3cd179.jpg
2c4b3432090c72183cd6f36f94938449.jpg

cracking pad that mate, looks very well designed i love the glass panels up stairs but with me having two young kids i would never keep that clean lol

Latest posts

Back