GS911 needed tomorrow on A1!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hey all, is there anyone nearby the A1 that could meet me and stick a code reader on my bike?

I'll be heading from Alnwick and Leeds ideally!

- Sent from Mobile

You could pop to ours, we have a diagnostic computer... Although I don't think it'll be of much help. And tbh were fully booked so all I could do is plug it in, wouldn't have time to investigate further.

I'd start by removing that thing (cant remember what its called) from the bike to rule it out completely..?

Yeah. Just thinking of getting fault codes to know if anything else is registering. Rule them out. Already on the case with the Bazzaz fitter. Bike does not run without it. Soldering the switched earth connector seems the best 1st option. As that could be sending the Bazzaz ZFI loopy.

- Sent from Mobile

Just had a quick look at the installation instructions for the bazzaz, there are 3 other scotch block style connectors under the tank...including a crank position sensor... So 3 more chances of bad connections?

If you get desperate you could remove the tank and remove the bazzaz loom, put it back to standard?

Good to know, scotchlocks are f**king stupid in these sorts of environments!

- Sent from Mobile

Fingers crossed you get it ironed out Alex, How did you manage after i left you and andy stranded at the side of the road?? (top gear rules) ;)

It was hard work getting to Andy's house from our start point. He was trying to protect me from traffic but its was going to be a shit run on my own. It made sense to give up, where the bike was safe and so were we.
Andy has already arranged for Allan Jefferies to pick the bike up Wednesday. I don't need the bike till August...so with luck I'll head off to Romania on Sunday have a nice holiday and come back to a working bike.
Soof/Andy has been a hero, even just telling me to get the **** on with it when I wanted to push the bike in a ditch and set it on fire!!

- Sent from Mobile

Bike storage is ?25 a day mate :). Don't leave it too long lol.

What a day! After I got home put the garage roller door up and it made a horrific noise and stopped. An hour later after taking the facia to pieces I found that one of the wheels the door rolls up on had not had the positioning lock tightened when installed in March, so it had wondered out of position. Ffs half a pound of knuckle flesh later it's fixed I hope, bloody amateurs.

Back