Ground Anchor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
So, I am Looking for a decent ground anchor to put down into a concrete floor in the garage... What can you recommend?

Thanks.

I bought a Oxford ground anchor not sure how good it is but it was the only one available when I was looking
I bedded in concrete.
I use it on the back wheel and have two abus disc lock up front one of which has an alarm on it which is VERY sensitive and very loud.
Years ago I used an old kryptonite lock and dug a hole and bedded that in concrete, thought it was a great idea until some toe rag broke into my house and took the keys Doh !!!

Get a sold secure approved ground anchor that is big enough for the chain to go through. Mount it securely, ideally somewhere where it and the lock and chain will not be readily accessible to thieves with power tools. A decent ground anchor is unlikely to be the weak point in the security of the bike.

The problem with ground anchors (I think) unless the chain goes through the frame all a thieve has to do is remove the rear wheel. I use a single bolt in sold secure gold pivoting anchor the theory behind the movement is if attacked with a hammer etc the anchor will move slightly which will help deflect any blows. But the reality of it is I could probably break out any anchor with in a few minutes with the right tools albeit noise would be created...I'm not a thief but I do construction work so I know about concrete strength etc I have also broke out a couple of anchors of my own when I've moved. If you can you should try to have the anchor between the bike and the wall side to reduce exposure to attack, also try to keep the used part of the chain off the ground to make it harder to break. My chain is that big it just fits through the anchor with a tight squeeze I don't think that you can get one that is much bigger, if you believe all the manufactures hype it cannot be cropped.

Personally I would go for the top link as it is sold secure awarded, the Alamax chain mentioned in the second one is a beast so it can be quite tight to get it through some anchors. But them style anchors look pretty impressive as the would have a lot of concrete around them holding them in.

I can thoroughly recommend the kit from http://securityforbikes.com

I have a 19mm chain and Squire lock, along with their torc ground anchor - seriously strong and all very well made. I also purchased their 'anti-pinch pin'...

This means the chain on my S goes from pin > anchor > through rear wheel > pin - and since the pin goes through the suspension linkages it makes a nice continuous loop which would still attached even if the rear wheel is unbolted.

Not perfect of course, but a good part of my "over the top security" for the bike, if someone get's past the locked/alarmed/cctv'd garage, and then through that lot, the disk lock, and the bike alarm, it is insured after all :)

If they really want in they will get in however why bother with a really secure set up after all there are plenty of easier targets out there I hope :)

Back