Greetings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stupoohead

Reaction score
Hi I'm Stu from Chelmsford, I'm riding a KTM 990 Aventure S but now I'm after an RR. I was going to get a new zx10r but settled on the bm after testing them both and a lot of ooing and arhing. Might as well wait until next season now for a 2017 model, although the 2016 models are popping up quite a bit with just 1K miles on the clock so.....more ooing and arhing, bit undecided then. Just want to find out more about the bike really, from the riders that know. Cheers , Stu

Hi stu, welcome to the forum. The 17 bike will have changes to meet Euro 4 standards. It has been suggested that the outgoing year is a better option. What sort of riding do you do?

Ok i didn't know that! Thanks. That'll make it a bit heavier then! Mainly it's wkd riding with my wife and or other biker mates. She's in the SV650 forum who are a good bunch. We also go touring for the odd week up north etc, also been to Thailand five times touring all over. I went into Cannons in Braintree with wifey because she was getting her f800gs serviced, I saw the new RR up close for the first time and had one of those life changing moments haha

Hi Stu.. great name.. I hired a gixxer 750 for the day in Thailand circa 1988.. the roads were a mine field and the drivers were crazy... anyhow welcome aboard mate..great bunch on here. If you sign up as a premier member you can get brilliant discounts... free stickers too.

Cheers

Stu

Sent from Galaxy S7

Haha cool. Thai roads these days are quite different . Out of the cities and into the mountain areas in the north the roads can be gorgeously wide Tarmac , racetrack twisty type roads. Then suddenly potholes and gravel. Excellent fun tho.

Hi Stu, welcome to the site. It certainly is a life changing moment too when you ride a RR for the first time, very addictive. Never been to Thailand but riding my GSA from Scotland to Bangkok next year via Mt. Everest so I'm sure I'll see some different roads and cultures.

Great to have you on board.

JimmyMac

Crikey how long will that take?

About two and a half to three months Stu, really looking forward to it, most of my family think I am losing the plot since I crossed the Atacama Desert and the Andes mountains 2 years ago, on my own with a petrol station map for guidance. To be honest they maybe have a point.....lol.
I have a curious nature thats for sure.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back