Greetings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpyduck

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations fellow bikers,
I'm currently riding an SRAD 600, I may be purchasing an S1000RR early next year and wanted to see what I'm letting myself in for...

I've ridden and owned many different bikes over the years, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Aprilia but never a BMW.

Hopefully things will work out and I'll be the proud owner of my first (2 wheeled) BMW soon.

GD

Welcome along - I don't have the experience you do of various bikes but I think you'll be happy with the choice.

Personally I'd go for anything after the facelift of 2012...and just check with the dealer that all recalls have been done. Other than that it's a case of seeing how you find it. Gearbox is a bit clunky, you'll struggle for neutral. There's a buzz from the bars around 5k.

Personally I'd go for anything after the facelift of 2012...and just check with the dealer that all recalls have been done. Other than that it's a case of seeing how you find it. Gearbox is a bit clunky, you'll struggle for neutral. There's a buzz from the bars around 5k.

Cheers, Struggle for neutral on the SRAD tbh.. So thast won't be a problem :nevreness:

GD

Greetings and salutations fellow bikers,
I'm currently riding an SRAD 600, I may be purchasing an S1000RR early next year and wanted to see what I'm letting myself in for...

I've ridden and owned many different bikes over the years, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Aprilia but never a BMW.

Hopefully things will work out and I'll be the proud owner of my first (2 wheeled) BMW soon.

GD

I last rode a 600SRAD around Mallory Park in 1999, its fair to say that bike tech. has moved on a bit since then! You don't say if any of the other bikes you've ridden are litre bikes but the performance that an S1000RR offers compared to say a 10 year old R1/blade/RSV (which are all good bikes) is in a whole different league in every respect. Briefly, like all second hand bikes ,get one which has been well looked after, fully serviced and not heavily modded. You'll find an RR, whichever one you get, will flatter your riding and offer handling and performance that's simply phenomenal :friendly_wink:

Last edited:
I last rode a 600SRAD around Mallory Park in 1999, its fair to say that bike tech. has moved on a bit since then! You don't say if any of the other bikes you've ridden are litre bikes but the performance that an S1000RR offers compared to say a 10 year old R1/blade/RSV (which are all good bikes) is in a whole different league in every respect. Briefly, like all second hand bikes ,get one which has been well looked after, fully serviced and not heavily modded. You'll find an RR, whichever one you get, will flatter your riding and offer handling and performance that's simply phenomenal :friendly_wink:

The Aprilia was an 2004 RSV100R and the most technologically advanced machine I've had.. :(

Really looking forward to getting something new again.

GD

I had an '04 RSV, loved it!! But you're going to get a very pleasant surprise / shock when you take an RR out

Welcome Grumpyduck, whatever Beemer you go for it will be a treat, loads of great low mileage bike will be for sale over the winter, good luck.

JimmyMac

Money for the new bike is rapidly approaching (3 months) but it seems 2012 bikes will be just out of my price range, low mileage 2010 or 11 bikes are in my price range, is there something very different that I should watch out for.?

Back