Greetings and salutations.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trezz

Reaction score
Hello, nice to be here.Proud owner of a 2015 rr in red.Within the first month of ownership rode down to the south of France,then through the pyrenees into spain.Then headed up through Spain to Santander for the ferry back home.What a way to bond with then a brand new bike, riding some of the best roads in Europe for 10 days with 10 of your mates.Needless to say the rr wasn't meant to be a sport tourer but honestly the bike proved extremely versatile and a joy to ride on very fast long distance trips on Europe's b roads.
Tyres fitted on that jaunt were metzeler m7rr's.Highly recommended.

Welcome to the forum Trezz and congratulations on your new RR!

What a fantastic way to bond with your new bike, sounds like you had a fantastic time! [emoji16]

I agree with you whole heartedly that S1K?s are incredibly versatile sport bikes.
M7RR?s are great tyres, and are particularly popular on here. I?m currently on the Roadtech 01?s.

Where are you based and what sort of riding do you do primarily (commuting, weekend fun, occasional track day etc)?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and tons of information.

May you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Hi Trezz, great to see you got to know your bike on such a fab trip. I toured on one in 2012 and felt great all the way to Poland and back.
Where in the country are you based?, Bet it won't be long before you have itchy feet again.

Enjoy the bike and the site.

JimmyMac

Thank you for the warm welcome.
I'm based in Reading Berkshire.I also own an F800r which is my daily commuter and workhorse,so generally I'm an all weather year round rider unless the temp dips below freezing.The rr is the early Sunday morning breakfast cafe rocket.Track day tool and Europe trip machine.
The rr is my 3rd BMW having also had a K1300s in the past which I did track at Bedford and popped my nurbugring cherry on.As great a bike that was,weight and overall mass was not one of its finer attributes.The rr to me ticks every box.
I have done a couple of trackdays in Spain,at Almeria with FE.Its become an annual thing now with the lads.So yeah bit of a bikeaholic.
I'm actually running the Metzeler 01's currently.So far very impressed with the wet weather performance and general mileage.They warm up sharpish as well.

Welcome Trezz. When were you in Almeria? Just got back from my second trip earlier this week.

- Sent from Mobile

I was there a few months back in June. We did 4 days.My mates went back in July al hyped from the month before.I couldnt make that July trip.Suffice it to say it didn't go as well for them as the June trip.Lots of spare parts were for an R1M and a 1299 panigale needed to be bought.They were ok though nothing broken.
I love it there.Met a few Senoritas out in Mojacar as well.Great crack.

The July trip was not through Focused events.We were there last year and the year before both in March if I recall correctly.

Latest posts

Back