Great day at CSS Friday and one weird mishap on the way back!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Gents,

Many s1000rr at Silverstone for CSS day. I restarted from scratch and took level one again. Great instruction, great feedback ie "your timing is all wrong!" and some serious progress throughout the day. Weather was awesome and I was quite surprised how impacted my tires were given I am not a fast guy at all.

I cannot recommend those guys enough. There were some pretty fast riders too. Quite awesome to see what competent riders can do. One dude on a very nice ducati ran circles around everyone it was impressive. I also could check out an HP4 up close and boy is she nice...

Now for the weird bit: coming back on motorway, un eventful and boring, I take the exit and want to downshift... I hit empty space... Wth? I thought I had somehow lost the gear lever! I stopped once I could do so safely and this is what happened: the very last connection to the gear box got undone. This is the last bit connecting to the indented stub coming out of gearbox (I think). This is only secured by ONE tiny bolt. Weird. I had no tools and nursed it back home for the last 10 miles in town, in 6th...

So, might be worth checking this bolt once in a while!

Christ, sounds like a downer to the day! Are you under warranty still? Can you upload a photo of the offending area?

Yes under warranty and servicing this week so I'll get it looked at then as well as side stand recall work. Main pain was driving in town in 6th to be honest my left arm was made of bronze in the end as I couldn't let go of clutch lever when I had to stop.

It doesn't look like I am allowed to post an attachment here but I have a couple of pics I can send privately if you want. One tiny bolt not secured seems a bit silly for something that important. Loccite needed may be?

Latest posts

Back