Grab Rail HP 4 and performance air filter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Right.. before I order a grab rail for a 12-14 sthou.. for my 13 HP4 has anyone fitted the Renntec rail on an HP4.. im thinking subframe and under tail mounts are all same.. Renntec dont list for HP4 .. I can return if it doesnt fit, but id rather not order if it aint gonnae fit...

And im fancying a decent reuseable air filter... are they worth it if so any reccs would be great ..

Cheers in advance...

stu's phone

Last edited:
I don't have a renntec rail but the hp 4 is the same frame as the 12-14 s1000rr so your fine to order.

I have always been told that the original filter is as good as or better than the k&n so I've stuck that way. Interested to see what is said :).

I don't have a renntec rail but the hp 4 is the same frame as the 12-14 s1000rr so your fine to order.

I have always been told that the original filter is as good as or better than the k&n so I've stuck that way. Interested to see what is said :).

Excellent knowledge Soof... ill order one.

As would I.. anyone got opinions on performance air filters fire away ?

stu's phone

Filtration will always be better with stock. But a well looked after K&N or MWR will be fine in the UK, probably wouldn't cross the Sahara with one.
FWIW, HM Racing, who tune S1000RR's for Superstock etc, said to leave the stock filter in...

And yeah as said the HP4 is the same chassis and subframe so all should be ok with the Renntec.

Filtration will always be better with stock. But a well looked after K&N or MWR will be fine in the UK, probably wouldn't cross the Sahara with one.
FWIW, HM Racing, who tune S1000RR's for Superstock etc, said to leave the stock filter in...

And yeah as said the HP4 is the same chassis and subframe so all should be ok with the Renntec.

Fitted Alex...good shout

sent from Stuart's tablet

ForumRunner_20160323_221212.jpg

ForumRunner_20160323_221218.jpg

Bought a qood quality HSS M10 tap.... will thread out the hangar.. and all I will need then is a smal SS extension bracket to reach my cans bracket...

stu's phone

Last edited:
Back