Gps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadeus

Reaction score
It seems that GPS is too short to search for - anyone got any tips how I can search the forums for it?

I currently have (not on S1000rr) a Garmin Zumo 590LM which is mounted on a Telferizer ball which screws into the stem. Works well. The S1000RR has a more compact dashboard area so ideally I'd like to remove the mount as well as the device if I was not using it but the power cable is fixed to the mount. Is anyone aware of replacement mounts for Garmin devices?

Or any other tips about using a GPS?

Thanks

I have the garmin 350LM I cut the cable and fitted a small connector, as I don't like leaving the cradle on the bike

It seems that GPS is too short to search for - anyone got any tips how I can search the forums for it?

I currently have (not on S1000rr) a Garmin Zumo 590LM which is mounted on a Telferizer ball which screws into the stem. Works well. The S1000RR has a more compact dashboard area so ideally I'd like to remove the mount as well as the device if I was not using it but the power cable is fixed to the mount. Is anyone aware of replacement mounts for Garmin devices?

Or any other tips about using a GPS?

Thanks

Try 'garmin + gps' in your search.

What gaffa posted seems like the best idea. The older cradles had a detachable cable from the mount. I had one (can't remember which model) and it was a better setup than the newer mounts with the fixed cable.

Gaffa - what connector did you use, it is a modification I might try on mine.

I found some neat little connectors on eBay. It was awhile ago but I'll see if I can find them.
the other reason I did it that way is that I have more than one bike and use the sat nav in both of them.

Have a look at this item number 252337996376 being pre wired they are easy to use, you will need to tuck them away or put a waterproof sleeve over if you leave it exposed.

i did try the waterproof type but they were crap

I have the garmin 350LM I cut the cable and fitted a small connector, as I don't like leaving the cradle on the bike

Can you post up a photo?
Below attached the Garmin Zumo cradle and cover I have on my 675. Planned to remove and plonk this straight on the BMW.

IMG_9524.JPG

Latest posts

Back