GPS Lap Times through the dash s1000rr 2012

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz_37

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2012 s1000rr track/race bike which has the HP Race Calibration Kit and HP Race Data Logger installed. I was led to believe that it has GPS functionality through these components but i am struggling to understand how to get the information to display on the dash or how to activate it.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

BMW HP Race Datalogger

The HP Race Datalogger has built-in GPS but only records lap time data for retrieval later on. To display laptimes automatically on the dash each time you cross the Start/Finish line you need to purchase a seperate 2D GPS Laptrigger.

2D GPS Laptrigger

Yes; that is the correct one linked. You can also order them from alpha Racing.

Thanks Alex,
Yes i have the logger mounted as per the video. Not connected it yet, bit scared as i don't really know what i'm doing.

I'm guessing i need the 2D add on then, bummer!. Cheaper to get a starlane.

BMW HP Race Datalogger

The HP Race Datalogger can be left permanently connected to the bike and after each session or trackday you simply plug in the supplied USB stick to download the data. You will need to set up the HP Race Datalogger using the supplied software in order to ensure that the device is configured properly before first use. After that it's just a case of learning how to use the BMW (2D) datalogging software to effectively interrogate your lap data. The BMW software can be quite complicated if used properly so take the time to read the manual (available to download from the BMW Motorrad website) prior to using it.

Thanks. I've got the discs and small user guides so I'll have a look. I've just contacted the previous owner to see if the 2D module is on the bike as he had all the other components fitted. Off to Cartagens in March with it and wanted to have it working, it'll be its first outing with me on it.

Paul, when you get it up and running and get some data, I'd love to see the output.

2D GPS Laptrigger

... I've just contacted the previous owner to see if the 2D module is on the bike as he had all the other components fitted...

If you do have a 2D GPS Laptrigger already fitted it will look like this...

P1030009_zpsr09ny59z.jpg

Latest posts

Back