good morning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfceddie

Reaction score
Hi all

new to this forum after trying to do some research on the S1000rr,currently ride a ducati 899 which I'm keeping for the summer then its going,test rode a 1299s last weekend and yeah its a awesome bike but i just cant see or warrant 21k in it,even at nearly 18k i think the standard 1299 is overpriced somewhat,did test ride a s1000 at the same time as the 899 and was hugely impressed by it,so after just looking at my local dealers website just now I'm trying to find out the main differences between the S1000rr & the S1000rr sport?

TIA Ed

Hi Eddie, welcome to the site. I can't recall the differences between the two models but my dealer in Dundee only stocks the Sport models as they reckon 99% of riders want that spec. and if traded in they would struggle to sell a standard bike.

I'm sure someone on here will enlighten you further but in the meantime welcome.

JimmyMac

cheers for the reply,did go to a open day at dealers few weeks ago but was so many there i didn't get a chance to speak to salesman,like the look of the black/grey colour,better make a phone call and get a test ride sorted

Hi Eddie, welcome to the forum:).

Before the 3rd gen (2015+) I think the difference between them was the sport had abs, traction control, quickshifter. The non sport did not and was less popular. With the current bike the non sport comes with nothing other than traction control and abs, everything including ddc suspension is an option. It makes no sense to buy the non sport unless you are only tracking the bike. The price difference makes the sport a good proposition when you add up all the desirable options you would need to put on a non sport.

Welcome to the forum - hope you find what you're looking for to prise you off the 899 :)

i think it has,dealer said yesterday i can have it for the day which is good..as said above I'm currently riding Ducati but I'm slightly annoyed that when i took 1299s out back along i was only allowed it for 40 minutes at the most and someone from dealer had to ride with you on another bike which is understandable i guess for a near on 22k bike but when I've already got a bike from them i thought its a bit harsh and also the fact that the guy that organised the test ride didn't even know I've had a bike from them for nearly 3 years,so my mind is pretty much made up on my next bike

Yep, Ducati Lincoln let me take a 1299s for a couple of hours last year and the guys at gear4 KTM are letting me out for a good old blast on a 1290 Superduke R this Saturday mmm!

Clarks at Dundee "insisted" I tried a S1000RR when I was getting my GSA serviced back in 2012 even though I protested that bikes that small were for younger, fitter riders than me and I could not be seduced by power.............?
After 20 minutes I returned it and was told I would be getting the Demo bike for a long weekend so that I could give them some feedback from the "Adventure only" riders point of view, needless to say when I returned it on the Monday afternoon, I ordered one.

More addictive than crack cocaine, no wonder they are called dealers, lol. Best decision I have ever made.

Enjoy the Superduke R MacRR, they look a lot of fun.

JimmyMac

Clarks at Dundee "insisted" I tried a S1000RR when I was getting my GSA serviced back in 2012 even though I protested that bikes that small were for younger, fitter riders than me and I could not be seduced by power.............?
After 20 minutes I returned it and was told I would be getting the Demo bike for a long weekend so that I could give them some feedback from the "Adventure only" riders point of view, needless to say when I returned it on the Monday afternoon, I ordered one.

More addictive than crack cocaine, no wonder they are called dealers, lol. Best decision I have ever made.

Enjoy the Superduke R MacRR, they look a lot of fun.

JimmyMac

i love that one more addictive than crack cocaine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunatly yesterdays test ride was cancelled due to the horrendous weather we had down here,so booked in again for next wednesday fingers crossed

Welcome to the forum Ed!

Hope you enjoy the test ride enough to be an RR convert, fingers crossed you have great weather :).

Cracking weather and cracking ride,had the bike for 4 hours and still smiling now,took a little getting used to after the 899 but totally blown away with how rider friendly it seemed,the crackle and pop from the standard can had me grinning from ear to ear,quick question,will you lose that if fitting aftermarket exhaust?

Cracking weather and cracking ride,had the bike for 4 hours and still smiling now,took a little getting used to after the 899 but totally blown away with how rider friendly it seemed,the crackle and pop from the standard can had me grinning from ear to ear,quick question,will you lose that if fitting aftermarket exhaust?

Nope !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perfect,sat down and talked figures after ride and am 99.9% sure I'm gonna have one,took the blue/white/red out but I'm hankering towards black and grey when i order

Latest posts

Back