Gilles Yoke nut

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRoss

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the Gilles anodised yoke nut? What's the torque value and any tips on getting it on without scratching the finish.
Cheers

Hi Ross, I havent fitted one, but to protect the finish on my Gilles Titanium rear axle nut I always go up a mm the socket and put a few bits of cloth (like and old pillowcase) over the nut before putting the socket over it. Unfortunately our local dealer?????? decided that was too much bother and scratched the feck out of it and my forged rims at the same time. Better going to Jim at Strathearn for tyres.

Good luck.

JimmyMac

Cheers for the pillow slip trick,I'll try and find an old one or use the underside of hers and hope she doesn't notice lol
Any idea of torque value? I seem to remember on the blade it was stupidly high,about 130nm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the pillow slip trick,I'll try and find an old one or use the underside of hers and hope she doesn't notice lol
Any idea of torque value? I seem to remember on the blade it was stupidly high,about 130nm!

I would give Gilles a wee email and ask, better to get it from the horses mouth.

They look trick though.

JimmyMac

Re: Gilles Tooling

You can download manuals for all Gilles parts from their website which include torque specifications.

http://www.gillestooling.com

Gilles aren't much help,they recommend tightening to manufacturers value. Looking at service manual I can see "Fork bridge,top,to steering tube" m28 and 100nm. Is this the right one?

Torque Value

Having checked the manual it does state 100 Nm. Make sure you use the correct socket size and be careful when tightening it.

Hi Ross, I got these specially ordered from Snap-On, they are guaranteed not to mark nuts and bolts. The hammer is missing from my set now as StuartB ate it after fixing his bellypan.

JimmyMac

Hi Ross, I got these specially ordered from Snap-On, they are guaranteed not to mark nuts and bolts. The hammer is missing from my set now as StuartB ate it after fixing his bellypan.

JimmyMac

I'll give you a shout for a shot of them if she doesn't let me have her pillow slip lol

Back