Gen3 2D sensor wanted.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
This part does fit the Gen 4 so I am keeping mine.

This is still needed if you want to be able to separate compression and rebound damping on the Gen 4

I got this info from Sepp Maechler, who is the BMW Product Manager for the Gen 4.

Apart from the brake calipers, it's the 'only' part that carries over from the Gen 3 to the Gen 4

Try Geoff at Prime Factors. New ?386.79 with fitting kit. Ordered mine last week. Say Jamie mentioned the price on the forum.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

When you say with fitting kit, do you mean a gen 3 fitting kit?

I have mine already from my gen 3 but I don't think the fitting kit works with the gen 4

Would be interested to know, maybe Prime Factors have sorted out a kit for the Gen 4.

Hi Jamie,

When you say with fitting kit, do you mean a gen 3 fitting kit?

I have mine already from my gen 3 but I don't think the fitting kit works with the gen 4

Would be interested to know, maybe Prime Factors have sorted out a kit for the Gen 4.
Alpha racing has a fitting bracket for gen4.

Yes, I know it does.

Currently, my best plan Is to buy a longer ball end mount then drill and tap a 4mm hole in the fork leg. But I would prefer not to do that if possible, is there an alternative ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I know it does.

Currently, my best plan Is to buy a longer ball end mount then drill and tap a 4mm hole in the fork leg. But I would prefer not to do that if possible, is there an alternative ?

Sorry, I'm missing something. Why don't you just buy a bracket?

Halter_Federwegssensor_Gabel__1903.jpg

Or because it's on right leg is the issue?

Well the one in the photo is clearly for a gen 2, I was hoping for a similar bracket to the metal one which I have from my gen 3.
I may try to modify that when my gen 4 arrives and see what can be done.

Well the one in the photo is clearly for a gen 2, I was hoping for a similar bracket to the metal one which I have from my gen 3.
I may try to modify that when my gen 4 arrives and see what can be done.

Ok now I understand. It looks like it's a mistake on Alpha racing website as it's listed in Gen4 section.

I emailed Alpha racing same question and they came back to me with this:

Hello,

actually we have no mounting kit for it, but will be available in about 2-3 weeks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

alpha Racing
Thomas Dotzauer
Performance Parts

Might as well wait instead of drilling holes in legs.

Baz's solution was to create his own left leg bracket and front mount the sensor. BMW388 and he found that rear mounting has clearance issues AFAIK. I wonder if the official mount will be in front of the fork leg?

Latest posts

Back