GEN 3 HP Rearset copies

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully, someone will find this useful. AliExpress are now doing what looks like perfect HP Rearset copies for ?150 a pair inc tax. I?ve ordered a set as spares so should have them in a few weeks to compare.

?133.58 11? Off | For BMW S1000RR 2015-2018 Adjustable Rearset Aluminum Foot Pegs Racing Rear Set in Full Carbon Fiber
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vFCog7

Last edited:
Genuine fakes :). Look good to be fair. Hopefully they are the same when you get them and quality enough to take the strain.

I?ve never been anything but impressed by the stuff I?ve had off AliExpress. Everything is made in China now. Do you?re research and you can?t go wrong. Stuff that has slight marks, AE either give a full or partial refund depending on what you want.

Each to their own. I remember when I said the same about fake watches till my fakes from Dubai were more reliable than the real ones I owned. Minimum 5 year warranty and I?ve never had to take one back. Sean (Emmett) was sponsored by Tag Heuer and they wouldn?t warranty his watch that misted up in the shower as he hadn?t recently had it serviced.... and it was a diving watch. Look at the barcode or tags and you?ll see most things are made in PRC ie China. I trust myself checking all things inc brand new bikes. Comes from building race bikes out the crate. Within 4 hours from leaving the showroom they?re completely stripped. I?ve found a stripped front master cylinder banjo bolt on my GSX-R (that would have been fun) and loads of other stuff.
Now talking of safety... OE Munich built S1000RR Gen 4? I don?t own one but I?ve read.... leaking front brakes, leaking oil cooler, cracked carbon wheels... Mmmm.... I don?t trust anyone but myself as then I?ve only got myself to blame. ;)

Just got my self a new toolkit from my local bmw deal, on the bmw label it says product of China.

Dean

A lot of comments about Chinese poor quality is out of date. As is the myth about German engineering being better than everyone else. Poor quality is mostly down to bad companies and cost cutting by the OEMs.
Look at BMW manufacturing quality at the moment.
I have a lot of experience with that in the UK and Europe. 90 % of IMM, stamping and machining tooling is made in the Far East. It might be moulded or machined in Europe , UK or US but on machines, processes developed in low cost areas.
I?ve walked out of a casting factory in the UK for failing quality requirements only to have a McLaren engineer on the same day approve them as a source for a structural component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the HP Rearset copies arrived. Absolutely identical to the originals except a slightly different colour. More grey. Beautifully made, perfectly packed and an exact copy. Perfect and bearing in mind you can't buy spares for the HP, a bargain.

IMG_4925D.jpgIMG_4926D.jpgIMG_4927D.jpegIMG_4928D.jpegIMG_4929D.jpeg

I'd say the chinese have taken more care in finishing. The Gilles originals are matt finished, the copies are very bright and reflective. That's more than going through a brightener bath after the anodising. They've been polished prior to anodising. It makes a big difference but adds a couple of extra processes. J

There's something that just doesn't sit right with me ordering chinese copies. China basically takes something that someone else had to design, scans it and produces it at minimum cost and that's before you get into any of their questionable environmental laws and ethics.

Sure it costs more to buy genuine, but you're supporting a more local and upstanding economy by doing so.

I'm on both sides of the fence about this. I can see both sides.

If BMW would sell the individual pieces so if you crash you can replace pieces, I'd be fine buying original as it's very rare I crash but they unfortunately don't. You can only buy a complete side at around ?400 last time I looked. Plus the minimum 500% mark up. Even clothes have that mark up.

Now there's different laws all around the world. The Chinese don't have a counterfeit law, so the manufacturers aren't breaking a law. But it's ok for Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, Mercedes to use software to break the EU emissions laws and tell us lies in marketing?

I would lay my house down as a bet the Gilles originals are made in China. Hey, the Ohlins normal folk can buy are currently made in the US. Previous Ohlins like the ones on my Ducati were by Soqi in Japan who got them made in China. It's only the pure top race team stuff that's made at the factory in Sweden. Local isn't true anymore from any manufacturer. Your lithium in your batteries comes from high altitude in Bolivia.

I've just been through a very one way divorce and have had no work for a year or help from the government. No money tends to focus your finances.

Everyday, we're all conned by manufacturers. There's a massive marketing campaign blossoming to get us to buy electric cars with no mention that you have to drive 48,000 miles before you've even offset the carbon footprint created making them. That's before we question where the electricity is going to come from?

I agree with their human rights record but they would point out as do other up and coming nations that the industrial nations prospered due to slavery....

Last edited:
I'm on both sides of the fence about this. I can see both sides.

If BMW would sell the individual pieces so if you crash you can replace pieces, I'd be fine buying original as it's very rare I crash but they unfortunately don't. You can only buy a complete side at around ?400 last time I looked. Plus the minimum 500% mark up. Even clothes have that mark up.

Now there's different laws all around the world. The Chinese don't have a counterfeit law, so the manufacturers aren't breaking a law. But it's ok for Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, Mercedes to use software to break the EU emissions laws and tell us lies in marketing?

I would lay my house down as a bet the Gilles originals are made in China. Hey, the Ohlins normal folk can buy are currently made in the US. Previous Ohlins like the ones on my Ducati were by Soqi in Japan who got them made in China. It's only the pure top race team stuff that's made at the factory in Sweden. Local isn't true anymore from any manufacturer. Your lithium in your batteries comes from high altitude in Bolivia.

I've just been through a very one way divorce and have had no work for a year or help from the government. No money tends to focus your finances.

Everyday, we're all conned by manufacturers. There's a massive marketing campaign blossoming to get us to buy electric cars with no mention that you have to drive 48,000 miles before you've even offset the carbon footprint created making them. That's before we question where the electricity is going to come from?

I agree with their human rights record but they would point out as do other up and coming nations that the industrial nations prospered due to slavery....

With you 100% mate. Very few things in this world are simple.

Latest posts

Back