gearbox went pop !!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey Boy 46

Reaction score
got my 2010 s1000rrs couple of months ago from bmw dealer, have put less than 1,500 miles on it, so now it has just turned 10,000 miles, and my gearbox went bang, just jammed solid, luckily i managed to stay on as i wasnt going crazy at the time could of been very messy !!! took it back to bmw, head sales man didnt seem to understand how serious this was, his attitude was shit !! i said i wasnt interested in the bike when it was repaired as how was i to know it wouldnt happen again !!, so they are going to remove clutch casing and drop oil and see what falls out, and send me pics, not what you would expect from bmw, seems to be a common thing but kept hush hush. well pissed off now !!!:(

shit news, have to let us know / pics what was up !
its at the dealers at the moment but they dont seem very interested, and say it could take up 5 weeks to strip it down, its all you read on the net how shit bmw bike dealers are when something goes wrong, but the net is littered with pics stories and info on gearbox failures, its about time bmw got it sorted before someone is seriously hurt or killed !!!

I do wonder how many motorcycle accidents where rider error is the verdict are caused by mechanical failure of some kind that remains undetected post event? - not just BMs.

Have you asked for a loan bike whilst they sort it out for you? If nothing is forthcoming then it might be worth raising a case with BMW UK.

To be fair it's not the dealer's fault the gearbox went pop, and they probably have a very long line of customers booked in to the workshop at this time of year. Having said that, I met a guy at Alan Jeffries earlier this year who is from your neck of the woods and he travels all the way to Shipley to get his bike worked on because he said his local dealer was consistently terrible.....

Back