Gear lever position - RR2015 - Shift assistant Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevman

Reaction score
Tried search but can't find any info. Couldn't find an answer in the manual either.
Can the gear lever position be adjusted? If so, how? It feels a bit too low for me.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. Any chance of a photo showing which nut to turn? Don't want to mess something up.

Cheers.

bdd25ff9085095dd77d81824f9a656bc.jpg

Loosen that screw, and then you can rotate the shift rod to lower or raise the shift lever

Loosen that screw, and then you can rotate the shift rod to lower or raise the shift lever

Sorry mate but it doesn't work. I have loosened both but the 'quickshifter' sensor is hitting the casing. Not sure what I can take off and what not. Any ideas?

Have you loosened the nut at the base, below the shift assist sensor too?
Sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous post

Gear Lever Position

If you loosen the bolt pictured; unplug the Shift Assist Module and then unbolt it from the gear lever (bolt covered by the rubber boot at its base) you can lower or raise its position by rotating it. This will give you a small degree of height adjustment for the gear shift lever.

Re: Gear Lever Position

Have you loosened the nut at the base, below the shift assist sensor too?
Sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous post
Yes, I did.

If you loosen the bolt pictured; unplug the Shift Assist Module and then unbolt it from the gear lever (bolt covered by the rubber boot at its base) you can lower or raise its position by rotating it. This will give you a small degree of height adjustment for the gear shift lever.
Thanks. Wasn't sure if I should touch it at all. Will give it a go later today probably. Cheers.

Hi I don't want to hijack this thread but it is related... Is there any adjustement in the rear brake pedal?

Hi I don't want to hijack this thread but it is related... Is there any adjustement in the rear brake pedal?

Yes the rear brake pedal is height adjustable, but I would rather others give you details on the procedure.

Are you using OEM rearsets or after market? If after market you can also adjust the length of the levers for you boot size

The plunger into the rear brake cylinder is adjustable. Undo the black locking nut and rotate the plunger pin.

There's also an adjustable stopper (rest position) you need to move in parallel.

- Sent from Mobile

Glad it's all sorted now :)
My apologies for any difficulty, it's been quite some time since I had mine adjusted ...

Now enjoy riding your bike! :D
No, no problem at all mate. You pointed me in the right direction. Thanks ;)

I have done around 100 miles today and the ride was so much more enjoyable. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back