G'day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobo

Reaction score
G'day all.
In the market for an s1000rr, would have purchased one today (2016 model as they are in 'run-out' down here) but all the brand new Motorsport colours (with forged wheels) are gone here in Oz it seems...left it too late!
Looks like I'll potentially be buying a 2017 but not quite sold on the new Motorsport colour scheme...plus it'll be more expensive as it'll be full RRP.
Undecided.

Will be coming from a K7 GSXR 750 and they are definitely more comfortable with a better seating position I found. Not quite as nimble at the GSXR but I haven't ridden a forged-wheel RR to compare - not sure if forged wheel would make a huge difference to an average rider anyway but can't hurt and will help re-sale, plus less likely to get damaged with out shite roads. And they look awesome.

Lol. Welcome to the forum. I think you've pretty much answered your own questions in that post :) !

Hi Cobo, had standard wheels on my 2012 RR Forged on my HP4, I am no better than average rider and the difference was apparent. Best to get them from the start as changing later means new sprocket carrier, cush drives etc. as they are not compatible.

Enjoy the bike and the forum.

JimmyMac

Cheers fellas.
Will keep looking and reading and wait to see a 2017 in the flesh to make up my mind :Banane14:

Latest posts

Back