Future S1000rr owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longun

Reaction score
Hi all. I?m looking at getting an S1000 for track duties at some point next year.

I currently own an MV F4 and Aprilia RSV.

Welcome along. Which version of MV F4? I do like MV's and they seem to be on a real upwards trajectory for quality and performance. Will is continue to be the weekend bike when you're not tracking the RR?

Thanks Alex. The MV is the 312rr 1078, which I will probably never sell!

I?m currently using the RSV Mille as a track/everyday bike and the MV for dry days.

I like the idea of a more modern bike for the track days with the electronics etc to help out!
I?m also 6?5??, so the choice is somewhat limited!

I believe a lot of tall lads can get comfy on the RR. You'll need some adjustable rearsets but I expect that's a given.

Is the 312 heavy? I've heard conflicting information...what are it's strengths and weaknesses? A friend of mine just got one of the F4 RC's! Now that is a weapon :)

Rearsets are usually a must for me.
The MV is noticeably heavier than the RSV just wheeling in/out of the garage. Not really noticeable on the move though, it probably helps as a road bike as the handling is ultra stable over bumps.
Mine has a Microtech ECU which fixes a lot of the faults with it i.e hot running and really bad ignition timing as standard. It also puts out 186 rwhp with monster torque!
I’ve replaced the rear wheel hub for an over engineered item as the standard wheel bearing isn’t up to the job. The wheel bearing and a fan relay is all I’ve had to fix in 8000 miles *touch wood.

The new RC does look awesome. It will be interesting to see what the next model due 2016/17 will be like.

Back