Front Rear Camera

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javlin

Reaction score
I'd like to fit permanent front and rear cameras.I want the cameras to be discrete and don't want to use up the space in the rear seat cowl to house the guts of the system, I already have a GoPro but battery life is limited and I want a set up that's always on when I'm on the bike mainly incase some clown runs into me. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking for a permanently fixed camera so they're not easily removed that's why I'm thinking of more of two camera system. There's lots of this sort of stuff for cars vans etc but doesn't seem much for bikes ? Thanks for the link on the waterproof usb it'll be handy to charge GoPro when recording and on the move, I've just ordered one.

I was looking for a permanently fixed camera so they're not easily removed that's why I'm thinking of more of two camera system. There's lots of this sort of stuff for cars vans etc but doesn't seem much for bikes ? Thanks for the link on the waterproof usb it'll be handy to charge GoPro when recording and on the move, I've just ordered one.

Hi Javelin. I keep a road hawk permanently attached to my GSA. It is as fixed as your going to get without drilling a hole into your fairings and mounting it from inside. The picture and sound quality is fine - not great for home videos or trackday antics. The key selling point with the device is that it stamps the time and date on the video so you have something in court that can be admissable without issue. If you had one on the front and one on the back, both powered off USB (connected to battery) then you can easily plug the USB into a laptop and download the files if you need to rather than removing the devices to access the sd micro cards. The ride hawk cams start recording when they get power and turn off when they dont, they loop record and I get around 8 - 10 hours on a 32GB card.

You will have issues if you try to run a cam off the canbus, best off getting something that allows you to wire direct to the battery. I run mine direct off the battery terminals and (usually) remember to switch it off when I get off the bike. I did forget the other day and it sat recording for 6 hours and the bike started up fine (phew).

Back