Front discs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello mate

I use Braking discs with my BST wheels.Can't fault them.Iv'e got PVM on my other wheels-they're good but very rattly(fully floating).
I'd heard Galfers had some issues.
Brembo upgrades are supposed to be good(but,of course,the OE are Brembo too!)

I'll vouch for them being thin.

Had to have my rear replaced after 4000(ish) miles. Went in for it's service and BMW told me it had worn below the recommended safety levels (4.48mm, minimum was 4.5mm lol)

They wanted to charge me. I argued it, because a disc should last much longer than that, I put in a PUMA request and head office agreed to do it under warranty. When I went to pick bike up they had fitted new disc, pads and caliper.

Hello mate

I use Braking discs with my BST wheels.Can't fault them.Iv'e got PVM on my other wheels-they're good but very rattly(fully floating).
I'd heard Galfers had some issues.
Brembo upgrades are supposed to be good(but,of course,the OE are Brembo too!)

Cheers Baz, i blame you, trying to chase you around snett they got a bit hot lol

Cheers Baz, i blame you, trying to chase you around snett they got a bit hot lol

In that case,you probably didn't need the brakes!! lol!

To be honest,I had a problem with judder on my 2010 road bike on track but,meanwhile having changed pads,last time I used it on track I had no problems at all.
Having said that,the Braking Wave discs look better!
And,in case you ask,I use SBS dual carbon pads on track and SBS sintered on the road.

Back