From Honda to "The Dark Side"

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awg

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just parted with the deposit for a 2012 S1000RR in red/white which I pick up next Saturday. Moving from a 2010 Fireblade which I expected to change for a 2012 Fireblade until the test ride. There are some elements of the 2012 Fireblade I prefer but on balance I was blown away.

I think the Fireblade has better brakes and gearbox but the S1000RR turns and handles so much better and feels smoother. The indicator switch feels like it's ready to snap off and the mirrors are not the easiest to position but all that becomes completely irrelevant once you point the bike at some bends. I'm sad to say it's in a different league to the Fireblade. I can't wait until next Saturday.

I still have my 1200VFR so I'm not completely moving to the Dark Side quite yet.

Allan

Welcome on board Allan, yet another Essex Bod ;) Your just down the road from me (Leigh) ...

If your interested keep an eye on the meets section, you might get to meet a few of the other Essex Bods.

Phil

Hanna link=topic=573.msg5568#msg5568 date=1331317383 said:
Welcome to the forum.

I think there's an Essex conspiracy... :eek:

No all of us are from Essex ;)

Welcome to the site

I'm a newbie on here too. Got my S1K last year and have had virtually all of the other makes of sports bikes over far too many years. I was big on Hondas, and suzuki - still like them, but after research etc thought I'd give the bells & whistles BMW a go! It has a few quirks, but it's bloody good!

Enjoy...

Hi and welcome to the forum

Think Essex is fast becoming the BMW Mecca (shame I haven't got one yet :) )

See you soon at weekly meet some of the Essex massive do :)

Enjoy the site

Cheers Rich

Welcome in
Don't worry, I think that there's just something in the water over here Lol

Doc

I swapped a 59 Fireblade for the s1000rr still can not comprehend the difference in power between the two bikes.
The s1000 seems to have warp speed over 11k where as the fire blade is just constant through the revs.

Latest posts

Back