Forum trackday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forum Trackday 2012 Face Off!!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Snetterton or Bedford. Have a friend that done Silverstone GP and he said its that long he kept forgetting which corner was coming next :)

I agree with the logic... I'm just remembering the first time I did off-roading - I have a habit of getting mental blocks. Guess I just need to suck it up and get on with it. There's no way I could sit on the sidelines and watch, stop watch or not!

I'm more worried about doing damage to the bike than anything else... pretty shiny bike. Which should be with me soon as I've got a buyer for the 'busa. Plus I may have a buyer for my little 125 which will pay for some pretty things for the new bike!

As Unionjack says if its Snetterton its all round mine! Heven't done a trackday on the beemer yet as I use the R1 . As I've no longer got an Ex Wife to support and the kids have left home I have to fill the garage with something. :D
parking030.jpg

I also reckon that I'm one of the elder members of the forum with my age exceeding my IQ !! :-\

Hanna link=topic=392.msg3104#msg3104 date=1326745718 said:
I agree with the logic... I'm just remembering the first time I did off-roading - I have a habit of getting mental blocks. Guess I just need to suck it up and get on with it. There's no way I could sit on the sidelines and watch, stop watch or not!

I'm more worried about doing damage to the bike than anything else... pretty shiny bike. Which should be with me soon as I've got a buyer for the 'busa. Plus I may have a buyer for my little 125 which will pay for some pretty things for the new bike!

The stop watch is not an option its not allowed. My concern for keeping my machine in one piece stops me from out breaking that cheeky sod or sods that have just done me half a lap before. Not having a rat bike I think keeps the old red mist at bay. Sometimes.

Parley Waller link=topic=392.msg3105#msg3105 date=1326745777 said:
As Unionjack says if its Snetterton its all round mine! Heven't done a trackday on the beemer yet as I use the R1 . As I've no longer got an Ex Wife to support and the kids have left home I have to fill the garage with something. :D
parking030.jpg

I also reckon that I'm one of the elder members of the forum with my age exceeding my IQ !! :-\

Nice collect there PW. What's ya bar b que like look.

snetterton on a weekend please.

did my first taster session last oct and the bike was 2 weeks old it was fantastic @ bedford autodrome

back on bedford 3rd march with club msv cant wait.

now have a nice van to put the bike in.

Snett on a weekend I wish. Good thing about Bedford is no racing so weekends all the time. It looks a good track nice mix of corners bloody painted kerbs though.

No stopwatch!! How else can I judge my pit crews tyre changes without one ::) ;)

Only kidding, track days are not races just a chance to pretend your Rossi and the bloke in front is Stoner, again lol

Godzilla link=topic=392.msg3113#msg3113 date=1326751821 said:
rhanmore link=topic=392.msg3110#msg3110 date=1326748723 said:
just a chance to pretend your Rossi

Is this you then?
::)

DSC_0395.jpg

No can't be me, both wheels are on the floor ::)

have none of you ever tried positive mental thinking FFS
The bike is designed to go round tracks , took mine on the day after i got the limiter removed.
the thought of falling off it never entered my mind , you are aware its not a track bike and you probably wont scrape you elbows.
But saving it for best cos its too expensive to drop , thats like having a best room at home or best crochery
The harsh reality is today IS BEST!!! there is no secret special day moment.
The bike is awesome on track for a decent fast group pace.
Besides if you really give it some beans the TC will get on your nerves a bit , and you'll consider back and front Sussies and a damper and a *cough* sorry going off topic tre
It always suprises me that people have such apprehension about taking this bike on a track

It's not the bike I worry about... it's me!

The bike will be always be far better than me. I know full well I'm unlikely to take it anywhere near to its limits - I started riding too late in life to be a great rider. As I said before, I get a stupid mental block that makes me twitchy... until I get over that then I'm going to be edgy, hence why I was pondering doing a track day or two on a mates old 400... but then I'm also inclined to just get on with it and take the BMW down and 'just do it'. Especially as I have a feeling that by the end of the day I'll have got it all sorted and be a better road rider for it... assuming my nerves don't cause me to do something silly - but I think I'm more likely to just take it easy for the first few sessions whilst I get a feel of it all and relax.

Comprende?

@fatbob

I agree with some of what your saying but can understand the apprehention of taking any road bike on track, whether new or old. I don't care who you are when your on track you get carried away with trying to go faster and faster each lap/session. I'm not saying that I get anywhere near the bikes capabilities but defiantly pushing my own. Have sat up many times and thought " oh shit, this is going to be ugly" or going round corners thinking "don't fall off, I've got to ride this home". The old saying "it only goes as fast as you twist the throttle" is true but when you've got 59 other wannabe Rossi's (ok stoners:)) out there with you its hard not to get caught up in the moment. Still think everyone should do it but having the nerves of not wanting anything to happen to your pride and joy, positive mental thinking or not for me is normal.

I agree with fatbob and can see where rhanmore is coming from.

I think that there is no point owning a bike like this and just riding on the road. There are other bikes ar better for that in my opinion.
I am no great rider, only done a few track days last year and a couple the year before.
But I do enjoy tootling around at my own pace and hopefully getting a little better each day.
I am not arsed about being at the sharp end of the fast group, or even getting passed by a 10 yr old 600 (for example).
I do worry about dropping it on track, but that could happen on the road as well.

I think what I meant was to have the feeling of euphoria after the day is what i like , talking nonsense in the van on the way home , and more about the experience
It doesn't matter how fast you are is the point , as long as you enjoy it , as for 10 yr old 600's , Ive been passed by 20yr old 500 twins :eek:
but none of that matters , I go for the thrill for myself and to enjoy the bike.

Its just a good day out. You get to talk bikes and bo**ocks all day! I bought the beemer specifically to do more track days as I thought it was track ready and didn't need upgrading which I am happy to report is true.

Snetterton is closest to me! Only 15 minutes! Was thinking of doing a track day,almost done it last year when I had my sp1. Would be good to open her all the way!

Back