Fitting Gen 3 track fairings to a Gen 2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick753

Reaction score
I am sure a few of you have done it, but for those that have did you have to make a bracket for both sides of the bellypan to attach it to the bottom of the frame?

I bought a set of Phil Crowe recently, cracking quality to be honest and he did mention that a bracket would need making for the left hand side of the bellypan but having offered the fairing up earlier this afternoon I spent the best part of half an hour before I finally convinced myself that it actually needs one on the right hand side too :shame:

Just wondering if anyone had encountered this and had any pictures of the brackets they made?

It needs 2 brackets making i used these dezus ones
984ecd256a5276f6ebe645b693be4a69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cheers Lee, from where it looks like the bellypan is going to sit, to me it looks like the left hand side bracket needs to bolt on where the original exhaust bolted to the frame and then the bracket needs twisting 90 degrees so that the bellypan can bolt to it, the right hand side looks like it needs a bracket maybe 2 inches long with a step in it so that the bellypan can sit flush with the frame?

46638540840 - take a look at this part number. Might help.

Otherwise the Alpha fitting kit includes the 90deg bracket for the lower lhs cat area

- Sent from Mobile

Cheers Alex, I am going to throw that part number at my local BMW place tomorrow, i am pretty sure that it should fit perfectly as the frame fixings are exactly the same as the Gen 2 for where that bolts to so that should fit a Gen 3 fairing perfect!

It is entirely possible that by using that bracket the bellypan will sit in a better position and be able to bolt straight onto the right hand side asd Phil Crowe is adamant it only needs one bracket for this kit on the Gen 2.

Fingers crossed, and thanks again to those that chipped in :02.47-tranquillity:

Latest posts

Back