Fitting Akropovic headers and power commander 5 to 2014 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanjack

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm assuming would I need to get this done using a dyno and professional, so where and who's best to do it?

My bike is a 2014 with a slip on akropovic laser etched can. Rest of the bike is stock. The headers go straight to the silencer and are the titanium ones, coming from a 2010 bike. The power commander is for the 2010 bike also.

Can anyone please advise me?? :encouragement:

Hi Guys,

I'm assuming would I need to get this done using a dyno and professional, so where and who's best to do it?

My bike is a 2014 with a slip on akropovic laser etched can. Rest of the bike is stock. The headers go straight to the silencer and are the titanium ones, coming from a 2010 bike. The power commander is for the 2010 bike also.

Can anyone please advise me?? :encouragement:

You just need a re map. below are 2 in your neck of the woods, I have not used either of them so check em out first.

http://www.hammerntongs.co.uk/ Warrington.

http://www.momsnh.com/ Manchester.

Hi, you can fit the exhaust and power commander yourself if you have a bit of mechanical aptitude and patience. The biggest thing is getting the stock exhaust off as it a heavy and awkward thing. Akropovics website have good instructions on it. The trick is to start first by removing the body work and then before anything else remove the radiator bracket. Just remember all the bolts require torks fittings and the header bolts require a torks fitting spanner. The power commander is pretty easy. Have a look on dyno jets website for instructions. They also have a video showing the install as well. It makes it lot easier if you remove the tank completely to install the power commander. You can download a map from dyno jets website which will work, but a custom map will get the best from the set up. Hope that helps .

Latest posts

Back