First run

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCB

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Put a couple o hundred miles on her the day, 7000 revs sucks tho, need to get tae the magical 600 miles and get the first service oot the way, anyway bike performed as it should, cruise control is gid and the qs up and down is faultless am impressed

Daz

Last edited:
Enjoy pal, mines is in to East Kilbride on Tuesday to get the magic unlocked, been a bit of a slog getting to the first 600 with that wee white light screaming at you every time you reach 7k, it's hard not to. Get the miles in while the sun is shining :)

Last edited:
Mine was ran in at 9k 400 miles service n at last u get the bike u wanted crazy modem bikes need running in at all

Rev Limiter

The electronic limiter allows you to rev up to 9,000 rpm until the first 600 mile service is completed. You will probably find that it's just the shift light that has been set to 7,000 rpm.

Manual states less than 7k to 300km (about 186 miles), then lower than 9k for remainder of run in which is where limiter is set. Had mine removed a week last Thursday and oh the joy!!!!

Yip does go to 9000 but they telt me 7000 for first 180/200 miles and as am a good boy kept to 7000😏

Last edited:
You get a wee red plug, should have been included with your paperwork pack. It needs to be plugged in to enable the slick mode function. If they didn't give you one just give the dealer a call and ask for one. All the details on slick mode are in the handbook.

Last edited:
Enjoy mate,i can't wait to get mine. Spent all week on nightshift researching stuff to buy straight away and reading the owners manual I downloaded.
The blade's back to standard and ready for trading in and already sold some of the parts. My new bikes at the dealers so gonna phone them later and see when's the soonest I can get it.

Last edited:
Back