Finally got new bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yam-andy

Reaction score
Evening all
Finally got myself a new bike 2011 in Motorsport colours, should take delivery today!
The bike has zero miles on clock, were there any recalls I should be looking into getting sorted??
Being totally standard I'm also looking for some advice as to where to get best deal on parts, ie tail tidy, screen belly pan extension etc, have a full exhaust system ready to go on, are there any essential mods or improvements that are common?

Cheers

Welcome fella, did I read that right , you bought a 2011 with zero miles ??

I assume you have the full 2 year warranty? if not then make sure you extend it.
Put heavier bar end weights on to help reduce the vibrations through the bars, Tail Tidy is a must, Keep an eye on the screws under the fuel tank cap for corrosion, the sumps are prone to corrosion, if you experience any problems with the hand controls (indicators, mode button etc) then they will be faulty and its a very common problem so get it back to the dealer ASAP,

Yes zero miles!!! Only 6 month warranty as was registered in December 2011, the bike belonged to Leon haslam and has been sat on display, so will speak to bmw about extending the warranty!! Not rode it yet as bike has no plate, so need a new one made up, anybody recomend a show plate site?? But yes feels vibey just sitting with a few revs! Tail tidy is first on list, d3 I take it seems to be company of choice from a bit of reading?? Got akrapovic headers with racefit can, which just looks loud!!! Should I get this straight on or wait until first service?
Cheers

when test riding the new one i noticed the same problem with the vibration through the bars, I'll look into some heavier bar ends when i pick mine up!

I put pro grips on as well , made a big difference for me.........done many miles with em

I would wait till after first service , or maybe ask them for a price to fit it , not sure how they could say it was an issue then.

Back