Exhaust Servo Eliminator

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezx7r

Reaction score
Just ordered a full titanium Spark exhaust which Im like a kid on christmas eve waiting for it turning up. 118db yes please! Maybe not for trackdays though :encouragement:

Do you lads just leave the servo cables loose or is it Necessary to buy the servo elimenator plug to stop any warning lights?

You should be good to leave the cables disconnected and out of the way. From memory the ecu does log a fault and it shows up when plugged into a diag unit but the dash etc won't show any issues from a rider perspective.

You should be good to leave the cables disconnected and out of the way. From memory the ecu does log a fault and it shows up when plugged into a diag unit but the dash etc won't show any issues from a rider perspective.

Thats fine with me just as long as there is no warning lights. Cheers mate I'll get some pics up once its on

Exhaust Servo Cables & Motor

It is a simple system used by manufacturers to create back-pressure at lower RPM in order to increase torque and to control noise emissions. It consists of a butterfly valve in the exhaust system that opens or closes to change the amount of exhaust flow. The valve is connected via a set of cables to a servo motor and is controlled directly by the ECU. When installing a full exhaust system the exhaust servo is no longer required. However the ECU can display a fault code on certain models if it senses the system is no longer connected.

The exhaust servo, most commonly referred to as an exup valve (which is yamahas name for it) is a butterfly valve inside the exhaust that constantly adjusts the amount of gas flow through the exhaust system effectively adjusting the back pressure to suit all rev ranges. It's supposed to increase torque at lower rpms

Exhaust servo valves on modern bikes don't do anything except alter the noise level. There's been several tests done by the biking press with the exhaust value manually adjusted and it made negligible difference to the torque/power curve. Even fully closed/fully open. It made a difference when bikes used carbs, but fuel injection changed that.

I have fitted the Woodcraft 'Servo Buddy' devices to mine, it just means you can remove the servo's without causing a fault code.

You can just as easily remove the servos and disconnect the cables and then put them back on.

What a faff to remove the rear servo though!

Exhaust Servo Cables & Motor

When the HP Racing Data Release is installed and the ECU is Race Enabled by BMW as part of the HP Race Power Kit on the 2015/16 model it allows you to completely remove the exhaust servo motors, cables and O2 sensors without registering any fault codes.

Latest posts

Back