Exhaust recommendations please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Full Exhaust System

It took me half a day to fit a HP Race Power Kit (Akrapovič Race Full System) and then the bike was required to go back to BMW for the associated ECU enabling and race mapping. Fitting a full system on the S1000RR can certainly be a time consuming process.

That's what I'm scared of... Were quite out the loop up here with BM dealers... It's a trade off. Brilliant roads but no dealers. Roads wins for me.

Hi Stuart, you can decat your bike for free. Take the pipe off drill out the cat material and take off the internal wee flap that's on a spindle, replace the pipe and there you go. That's what I done to mine as I had a brand new spare one to put back on for the mot, when it needs one. Looks original from the outside too, no cables hanging about, they are connected as normal to the spindle with no flap.

JimmyMac

Hi Stuart, you can decat your bike for free. Take the pipe off drill out the cat material and take off the internal wee flap that's on a spindle, replace the pipe and there you go. That's what I done to mine as I had a brand new spare one to put back on for the mot, when it needs one. Looks original from the outside too, no cables hanging about, they are connected as normal to the spindle with no flap.

JimmyMac

Jimmy...think fingerprints and paint all over the shop on they airfix models... mind ye that sounds like a cost effective option....

I'd offer to help you Stuart but I'm just as handless.
Would be like the chuckle brothers

To me, To you.

I recently took cat off bike replacing it and slip on Akrapovic with Austin GP2 ARCS DE CAT SYSTEM. I enjoy hands on re my bikes as its complete opposite to my day job. Fairing off loosen rad & oil cooler remove exhaust and cables from servo motor (front & Back), exhaust header bolts - system off cut pipes in front of cat , system back on connect "Y" pipe then link pipe , exhaust on - reconnect o2 sensors and front servo motor cable , fairing back on job done! It help that I have a bike ramp so not bent over to much. The Austin system is a superb fit over standard BM pipes. The Cat weighs over 13 1/2 pounds and the Austin system comes with a couple of collars so you can put cat back on and put bike back to standard if/when you wish!:scooter:

I'd offer to help you Stuart but I'm just as handless.
Would be like the chuckle brothers

To me, To you.

Loupe...am no bad. I'm actually like doing basic stuff...can easily overhaul calipers..fit pads..pull my wheels off and am decent setting up my forks...but I get feart with cables n electronics..anyhow everyone on here must be dead rich...that's what I was saying earlier when I was rattling on about carbon bits n 1500 quid exhausts....I've a budget of 500 for a can... I'm actually saving up to buy a pot to piss in....

Last edited:
Lol Stuart I'm far from rich, I just have a very understanding wife.
Keep reminding yourself that you have the HP4, guys drool over them (I still do) and some would give their right arm for one (well maybe not with a bike) and you have one!
We are all in a very fortunate position on this forum that we can afford a bike and all the kit that goes with it in the first place.
I know guys that spend more pissing it against a wall than we do on our pride and joys in a year.
As for the second set of track fairings and wheels, I was in the right place at the right time and couldn't turn them down at the price.
I'd rather buy them than fall out a pub every weekend.

Stuart, I'll do the job for you if you want. Just watch you don't trip over my violin I keep for HP4 Carbon owners, especially if they are Estate Agents. LOL

I know guys that have a budget of ?500 for a bike and are quite happy, I remember a time I when I wouldn't piss in a pot, I had to hold it in as a sort of central heating device to get me through the winter. LOL

JimmyMac:friendly_wink:

Lol really laughed at that...listen im a bit of a wind up merchant... im no skint... and im decent with my snap on gear... still got some left from my mechanic days albeit that was 20 odd years ago... i just cannot be arsed getting my hands dirty..lol here ive just sussed an app for here... forumrunner motorcycles.. s1000rr forum uk page 3

Sent from Stus phone

Soofs checking it out you can post images straight to it... think its 3 quid for the app...

Sent from Stus phone

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160216_233216.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160216_233216.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 56
I'm just messing with this app. That's a tree in one of my rentals.. It's wrecking the pathn driveway..needs cut down..sorry nought to do with our chat Jimmy..lol. Looks good upside down n all...quite feminine.. Giggity giggity

Last edited:
Don't cut that down Stuart, just get a JCB 3CX to grab it with the front bucket and raise it up, it will lift no problem and not come back. Minimum damage to ground as has small root ball. A few years ago I got a contract to remove similar ones, there was 22 of them and they were bigger than that, we had them up and out removed from site in a Saturday morning. Wouldn't do it during the summer months though as birds nested in them.

JimmyMac

Aye jimmy... i know about the restriction on the nesting thing came across it last year... is that right about the rootball ? Its gui close to the house mind ye... do you think it would lift up... it would wreck the path n drive but. The owners in Ecuador.. doubt hed pay for a machine.. the tenant works with local council and has access to vans n that..

Sent from Stus phone

Just a quick update on this "must have a new can" thing going on in my heid.

I completely forgot the Delkevic has a removeable baffle...so I just pulled it out there.....it sounds amazing..totally different and angrier note...really throaty, so think I will hold on to it till spring and see what its like on the road, granted its no match looks wise to thos mofo cans yous all have..but I think it looks miles better than the OE.

Sent from Stus phone

Just a quick update on this "must have a new can" thing going on in my heid.

I completely forgot the Delkevic has a removeable baffle...so I just pulled it out there.....it sounds amazing..totally different and angrier note...really throaty, so think I will hold on to it till spring and see what its like on the road, granted its no match looks wise to thos mofo cans yous all have..but I think it looks miles better than the OE.

Sent from Stus phone

Nice. Not sure if I missed it but mind sharing a photo?

Back