Euros

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Valencia atm. People in country are much more careful than in UK. Masks mandatory even outside when you can't maintain a 1.5m gap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

what,of an empty track? ;)

i'll be using my AIM smartycam for the 1st proper time so will post vids up when i get them uploaded

Booked Portimao with FE 27th of Nov.
Have to say after Mugello I was a bit f'ed off with FE. Their Carnet costs are way above the others. I have noted that they are changing this position in future but being given a ?59 bill once I got to the track for Carnet + the ?200 BBB and I had to pay for a solo stillage to take my bike and all our tyres...was a bit s*t. Anyway I still booked, Nov, so Fat Kev still wins...

Biggest thing that shocks me is the amount the bikes are insured for with FE ?5000 and can't remember what it is but can pay a premium to take it up to 10k

True, just a shame they don't let you see it. It was fun at Mugello having it on TV.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It's a common problem of all UK organizers, they don't show time.

All European TDOs do: Rehm, BikePromotions, Bikerdayz, Promo Racing

november jerez date will be released soon from NL if anyone fancies it (8-10th).not sure if it's gone up on the website yet though

I am currently on the Catalunya NL trip and I have mixed feelings. I don't think I'll be doing another trip unless A the country is Green list or B there is no list which I can't see happening for some time yet.

The paperwork feels a little overwhelming at first look with no real black and white "this is what you need to do" information, everything is a little vague to say the least but eventually you piece it all together and the next time I am sure it would feel a breeze.

The Carnet aspect was pretty straight forward really. I don't know if this is just NL's more laid back approach or if they have just accepted the risk of them not being totally accurate but essentially it was put down your big ticket items and if you have got a bag of spanners then just put a bag of panners, with the proviso that what goes out must come back so expect to get your used tyres back to transport with your stuff and dispose of in the UK.

The Covid stuff. NL pre departure info was actually quite helpful and I went with "Qured" as recommended. They send you a kit before you travel and you take it with you and do a video call in country so they can verify the test. If you are fully vaccinated then you only need to do a 2 day test so I went with them as well just for ease when I get back.

I'd estimate and extra ?100 ish for covid stuff on top.

The pre departure stuff was OK, the Spanish locator form was pretty straight forward and the NHS app makes getting you Covid passport easy [emoji108]

I found myself getting test anxiety though and I think it did take away from the enjoyment a little on the first day, worrying about the outcome. I took a test before leaving for piece of mind but it was a nagging doubt until I'd got it out the way and then it was back to bikes and fun. I really didn't fancy 10days stuck on my own.

The UK locator form is pretty straight forward and BA recommended the Verifly app to help with making sure you are ready to fly back. The app was easy to use and I am now ready for my flight on Thursday.

Overall nothing is particularly hard to do it's just a bit of a faff and there is risk if the country is Amber. Just be prepared and you shouldn't hit any hidden surprises.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Stupid part is that the return testing is the same from Green and Amber.
Oh and I was stuck in Heathrow for 2.5hrs the other day, it's probably the reason my wife has Covid now, understaffed and queues for miles through immigration.

Driving there and back seems safer...

Stupid part is that the return testing is the same from Green and Amber.
Oh and I was stuck in Heathrow for 2.5hrs the other day, it's probably the reason my wife has Covid now, understaffed and queues for miles through immigration.

Driving there and back seems safer...

Sorry to hear that. I hope it is mild and she recovers quickly.

Back