Dyno remap at Hilltop

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way to be sure would be to then take the bike to an independent dyno before and after to confirm the numbers.

The only person that i am aware that is questioning the numbers is N30. however whenever when asked if he can back up his claim it goes very quiet.

Geoff rocks no question and anyone that has had the ECU done will tell you the same and you get your traction control updated as part of the package,

Best 360 squid I ever spent, also he sorted an issue with my rear brake and adjusted my clutch and adjusted my rearsets better for me for free.

Top bloke is Geoff - definitely going back for the engine work next year.

The only person that i am aware that is questioning the numbers is N30. however whenever when asked if he can back up his claim it goes very quiet.Geoff rocks no question and anyone that has had the ECU done will tell you the same and you get your traction control updated as part of the package, Best 360 squid I ever spent, also he sorted an issue with my rear brake and adjusted my clutch and adjusted my rearsets better for me for free.Top bloke is Geoff - definitely going back for the engine work next year.
It was discussed lengthily elsewhere on the forum mate. I had mine tuned by Daz @ MeltedSliders who tunes the Homebase BMW bikes and he said he's never heard such bollocks in his life, they spent thousands tuning the homebase bikes in order to get them over 200bhp.

I had mine tuned by Daz @ MeltedSliders who tunes the Homebase BMW bikes.

Homebase BMW? huh?

Maybe you mean Buildbase BMW bikes. I've heard of 4 different tuners all claiming to have done those. I don't know who actually did, but 3 must be telling porkies.

buildbase LOL, I don't do DIY, knew it was something like that.He's right around the corner from them mate, he even loaded up a dyno map of their bike and compared it to mine.

The place where I got mine dynoed also scoffed at such figures saying the same as N30, I know a lot of peeps that have visited hilltop and come away happy though :)

It was discussed lengthily elsewhere on the forum mate. I had mine tuned by Daz @ MeltedSliders who tunes the Homebase BMW bikes and he said he's never heard such bollocks in his life, they spent thousands tuning the homebase bikes in order to get them over 200bhp.

I can back this up, I know a mechanic that works for the build base team and he's also told me the bikes have been done at melted sliders.

Does this melted sliders place just tune PCV or the ECU so including traction that hilltop does?

Im not bothered about more power so dyno readings dont bother me, but better TC would be interesting.

Does this melted sliders place just tune PCV or the ECU so including traction that hilltop does?

Im not bothered about more power so dyno readings dont bother me, but better TC would be interesting.

It would seem odd for a Race team like Buildbase BMW not to use the ability of an £8k ECU and fit a off the shelf cheapo alternative

Buildbase BMW use a MoTeC's benchmark M800 not a std ecu with a pc .so have fun bye

Maybe Buildbase should take their bikes to Geoff at Hilltop, might get them further up the grid lol..........

Finally got mine booked into Hilltop on 4th March. Had a good chat with Geoff and he seems to know his stuff alright and really made the time to explain everything to me on the phone. Anyone who says that they'll give my money back if I do not like it, must have sky high confidence in their product, which is good enough for me anyway :sneakiness:
After a long break, i had a great ride out in the sunshine on Sunday afternoon, but I was so much more conscious of how uneven the power delivery at the mo and that the TC feels like someone keeps turning my engine off mid-corner! ...so I can't wait now.

As mentioned above, I had my 2011 bike remapped at Hilltop a couple of weeks ago. So, after a couple of decent weekends testing, I can share my results and early thoughts with you all...

The bike set/up:
- running a standard OEM air filter
- std 2010 headers on it, but it's de-catted & has a short Akra can (the std BMW titanium & carbon thing)
- without any baffle in on the dyno (I have put most of the adjustable baffle back in now tho)
- was/is using Shell Nitro+ fuel, which I think is 98 RON
- Slick plug fitted and is always run in Slick mode (I don't go out in the rain!)

I loved the extra low/mid range torque and sound that the decat gave me, however, the fuelling/throttle felt rough and I was also concerned that the engine may be damaged in some way. Hence, I was keen to fix this and I'd heard good things from everyone that had been to Hilltop (I haven't seen 1 bad report, have you?). Anyway, after chatting to Geoff on the phone, I was convinced and he offered a money back guarantee if I wasn't happy, so it was a clear no-brainer.

Geoff kindly let me into the bay to witness at first-hand the upgrade process and take a few posterity pics. Here is a snippet of video of it on the rig and going up and down the gears (without using the clutch): http://youtu.be/PV88-tL3jV0

Here is the map showing the final results vs the original setup:
dyno.jpeg

As you can see, the rear wheel headline figures are:
- BHP up by 11.3 (was 177.9, now 189.2). It did reach over 192, but was reduced in favour of more torque
- Max Torque up by 7.1 Ft/lb (was 83.41, now 90.51)
- Geoff confirmed that, whilst the fuelling was out (result of the decat) before the remap, it wasn't in any danger of damaging the engine, thank goodness.

Sadly, not the 200+bhp that my mate got on his bike (a 2012 RR using an AR ARCS), but plenty enough and riding the bike back home, I could instantly feel that the extra umph and the new smoothness of power delivery that I was hoping for and I rode back with a real smile on my face. After a couple of rides now, it continues to please, however, although I know that I am definitely going a lot quicker, it is so much easier and controlled that it almost feels slower ...hope that makes sense?!?!

I still need to test the TC out a little more though. I had a big slide last Sunday, yet the system didn't seem to kick in at all and there were no dash lights flashing, when they would've previously. So clearly, it's been backed off, but I just don't know how far yet. However, I think that it did cut my engine power a couple of time when going around a couple of fast islands/bends - knee down stuff, but not exactly Marc Marquez angles of lean, so I wouldn't have thought it should cut in, should it? Might just have been in my head, so I'll have a few more tests next week if this sunshine continues :tan:.

In conclusion, a big thumbs up from me and I too can recommend the Hilltop remap :joyous:

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
If you are riding about in slick doesn't that all but turn off the TC?

Hi. The TC is never fully off in all modes, however, part of the Hilltop upgrade, is that the TC is updated (designed for Slick Mode) too, not just the fuelling.

Mines booked in with Geoff for next week and I will post an update once it's finished. IT will remain standard other than the de-cat and a MWR air filter as Geoff recommended them. I only work down the road so will keep an eye on the progress

Back