Donnington Park this weekend 24-26 March, here we go again.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definatly need it. I was chatting with philip hyde who instructs at donny on 2 wheels although he is more of a 3 wheel guy. Hes offered me some help. When i say 2.34 its not quite that bad but its around the 2.00 - 2.10 at donny.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Phil you should give yourself more credit you were riding well at donny even though you were under the weather that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil you should give yourself more credit you were riding well at donny even though you were under the weather that day.

Thanks kyle, my issue is that i ride with guys who average 5 secs a lap faster than me (1 nearer 10 secs the lanky piece of piss [emoji12] ) and it gets to me a little. Lines are normally very good just lack corner speed. Having 2 crashes on 2 spanish trips kinda dents the confidence a bit as well

Thanks kyle, my issue is that i ride with guys who average 5 secs a lap faster than me (1 nearer 10 secs the lanky piece of piss [emoji12] ) and it gets to me a little. Lines are normally very good just lack corner speed. Having 2 crashes on 2 spanish trips kinda dents the confidence a bit as well

One of the reasons I bought the little race bike was to improve my corner entry and mid corner speed, it helped a lot.

Agreed eddie, i think on track i was quicker on my r6

Lovely to meet Paul,the team and also Bruce too.

Was made to feel very wellcome by all who were there.

Great fun bringing back sprockets and a cylinder head on the Ryanair flight to Dublin last night.

Spoke to Phil Crowe too,an absolute gentleman to chat to.

Thanks to all of you.

PS-Congrats to Paul and the team on a great weekend result.

You guys are gonna go far.

Confidence mate, confidence in your bike confidence in your suspension confidence in your tyres and most importantly confidence in yourself.

Agreed mate. I havnt had a nice handling bike under me for a while as you know. Little feeling in the front and zero in the rear. Hopefully that has changed

Agreed mate. I havnt had a nice handling bike under me for a while as you know. Little feeling in the front and zero in the rear. Hopefully that has changed

Yeah the rear might take abit of setting up again though seeing as it's now completely different to what it was haha

fe8dbd81085406f8013aaa844c8b391c.jpg

I hope you enjoyed and learned some bits and bobs mate.
You made me laugh when you said you wouldn't of even had the rear wheel out in the time we had 2 shocks out :)
Did the pics come out good??
Please share :)

Lovely to meet Paul,the team and also Bruce too.
Was made to feel very wellcome by all who were there.
Spoke to Phil Crowe too,an absolute gentleman to chat to.
Thanks to all of you.

PS-Congrats to Paul and the team on a great weekend result.

You guys are gonna go far.

I hope you enjoyed and learned some bits and bobs mate.
You made me laugh when you said you wouldn't of even had the rear wheel out in the time we had 2 shocks out :)
Did the pics come out good??
Please share :)

I learned quite alot allright.
Didnt want to step on your toes when I arrived into the pit garage,as I understood that your are all under pressure to do your thing and have a good bike setup.
Thats why I stayed outside for a while,until you had done your work on the bike.

Myself and Bruce were amazed at how quickly you had the back ends of both bikes undone and shocks changed over in that short space of time.

I will throw up the pics later on this evening.

Theres some nice ones of yous on the start grid,and also a nice one of the bike powering out of the last corner onto the start/finish straight,front wheel off the ground.

PS-I might have to come over and visit yous again at another race meeting,enjoyed it very much.

Few more pics from the day.

Flying over the snow capped Welsh Mountains at 8;45am in the morning.

Classic Superbike race

Supersport 600 race still going after sunset at 6:30pm

Phil Crowe on his S1000rr

Donington Park Track Noise Limit

Spent most of the day with Paul in the pits.Got to see up close how the Team Arkoni race bikes are prepped for each race and different conditions.

Been very quiet on here this week, I was trying to get the 17 bike ready to go to British this weekend, but couldn't get the BMW electronics on it in time so we have decided not to go.
Would have been nice to get some time at British pace to see where we fare. Not to worry. Will just keep my eye on their times in stock. See where low 1.34 would put us, but a tow from them boys would be a good run out. Possibly low 1.33 or high 1.32 :):)

Looking at times for the weekend, We were meant to be racing here this weekend but couldn't get the bike sorted enough to run.
In hindsight, buying the 17 bike was a mistake, looking at times we would have been 10-15 positio

Latest posts

Back