Doing a deal ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping to buy a S1000R sport next spring, probably around the launch time, list price is £11,350 but the extras I want are about £220 for the alarm, £300 for heated grips and would like the acrapovich can thats going to be around £900, with luck I may be paying cash so would you expect to get a deal or is it list price all the way with BMW ?

Hi guys, hoping to buy a S1000R sport next spring, probably around the launch time, list price is £11,350 but the extras I want are about £220 for the alarm, £300 for heated grips and would like the acrapovich can thats going to be around £900, with luck I may be paying cash so would you expect to get a deal or is it list price all the way with BMW ?
The sport comes with heated grips, i'll be going for the sport and hopefully all the bits on my rr will be a direct fit.

The sport comes with heated grips, i'll be going for the sport and hopefully all the bits on my rr will be a direct fit.

Is that new to the 2013/2014 models?

Cos the Sport 10/11/12 doesn't come with heated grips

I think Goose is refering to the 2014 naked s1000r ?
yep the new naked, thought I saw on dealer web site heated grips were extra, phoned them but forgot to ask but they said the can would be about nine hundred but did not have a price yet.

My mistake, just checked and the sport does come with heated grips so just a couple of hundred for alarm and whatever the can comes in at, so would you expect a deal for cash ?

To be honest I would be very surprised if yu got much of a deal on that bike.

I paid cash for mine, new 2011 model in sep2011. Well debit card, the dealer wouldn't take the cash I had in backpack.

Mine with the extra's came to £15,500, I got it for £13,700 plus the 600 mile service completely free (parts and labour)

Worth getting that in. Every dealer I've bought a new bike from offer the 600 mile service for free just pay for parts (oil, oil filter etc) but my local BMW dealer charge for first service (unsure if all BMW dealers do)

Well Ross, the S1000RR had been out approx 18 months before you bought yours. The same will not apply if you are buying a S1000R in the first week it is released.

Well Ross, the S1000RR had been out approx 18 months before you bought yours. The same will not apply if you are buying a S1000R in the first week it is released.

Thats probably true Godz. The price of the bike wasn't discounted for me at all, they basically gave me the £1800 of extra's for free. Which to BMW with there 50+% mark up on stuff wasn't a huge discount at cost price for them.

But i'd say you'd still be able to get some extra's for free, and certainly the 600 mile service for nowt.

BMW don't know if the R is going to be successful so dealers are going to want to make the sales. And if you have 2 dealers near you, play them off against each other.

Agree Ross, no harm in trying, I'm guessing BMW will have an idea how it will sell via advance purchases. IIRC BMW refused to let the dealers discount anything when the S1000RR came out.

Personally if I was buying a new bike again I'd be arguing to get a good deal on extras. My first rr I paid full list price but got a free alarm and discounted akra can. I would've pushed for a free first service too if I'd known they were going to charge me.

Remember you're in the driving seat and they want your cash so they're not doing you a favour by giving discounts they're doing it to secure a big sale.

I would've pushed for a free first service too if I'd known they were going to charge me.

Good to know it's not just my local dealer that charges for 600 mile service, I think it's dreadful. It's not our fault the bike needs services after 600 miles.

And if it wasn't for having the Rev limiter removed we'd be able to do it ourself.

As it's a brand new bike to the market there may not be any deals to be had but always try as you never know, with all the extras I had in my bike it should have been close 16k but I only parted with only 13.8k

Personaly think its going to be a big seller, the base bike is just under 10k and there's no other naked with that power, ride modes, abs, traction control and active suspension near that price. Looking at the sport model all I will want is an alarm and acra can so hoping I can get the can thrown in for free.

Hi goose, not sure about a discount on a new model but I would want the 600 mile service free. I have just bought a new Beemer and I got the 600 mile service parts and labour and a half tank bag in the deal. I wanted the heated grips free too but had to pay for them.... Wasn't for a lack of trying though!
It is your hard earned cash going their way, I would want something for free as your spending enough! Good luck with any deal you get.

Personaly think its going to be a big seller, the base bike is just under 10k and there's no other naked with that power, ride modes, abs, traction control and active suspension near that price. Looking at the sport model all I will want is an alarm and acra can so hoping I can get the can thrown in for free.

The DDC (active suspension) isn't standard, it's an option, so you won't be getting that for under £10k.

The Aprillia Tuono V4R has more horse power, same electronics (Anti wheelie, launch control, quickshift), ABS developed by Bosch (same as the BMW).

The standard S1000R at £10K only has 2 modes, Road and Rain. You can bolt on the Sports package, which adds Dynamic and Dynamic Pro along with the quick shifter. And DDC is yet another add on. After adding those it would probably take it to same as the price as the Tuono

Other 2014 models include Z1000 which is much improved and never forgetting the Triumph Speed Triple with ABS @ £9.5k, which although isn't my cup of tea, everyone who rides it has to admit it's a brilliant bike.

Latest posts

Back