Disc Thickness

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4.5 mm all round Most commonly replaced at 4 mm why do you what to know max ??

Disc's can come in various thicknesses from different manufacturers, ie when looking for a non-OEM solution. 5.5mm seems to be the thickest on offer, but with internet sites I am cautious about trusting them to have actually done their homework.

Ahhh yes, btw genuine is just over 5.0mm on a side note please match your pads to the disc, thanks

Just my 5cents worth, my 2010 was still with original discs when I sold it and that was with a lot of track work in the last couple of years. Found the ebc hh pads worked just fine with no problems what so ever.

I started this thread before I had a chat with Harris (Nearest Brembo dealer). In the end I had 2 choices from Brembo. OE replacements or HPK's at quite silly money. OE's were ordered but I am still interested in the original question. I'm guessing 5.25's would be fine.

I avoided Galfer wavy discs as they appear to be quite aggressive (by design) on the pads.

Pads are going to be SBS HS870's again.

Latest posts

Back